Chapter Sixteen

Anndy's POV

I'm speechless as I watch Bullseye silently sit down in one of the three chairs opposite of me; purposely avoiding my eyes. When I look away from her I notice Mrs. Straught smirking at me seeing my reaction to Bullseye being here.
"I knew it would affect you knowing one of your friends works with us." Mrs. Straught smugly says to me while I glare at her. "Anyways," she continues,"Back to the interrogation."
She walks in front of the chair I'm handcuffed to and starts questioning me by asking,"How long have you been running?"
Since this question doesn't seem like it will harm me if I answer I say,"I've been running for about 2 years and 17 days."
Mrs. Straught seems genuinely surprised by my answer and softly says,"Oh." When I look up I can almost see the wall she put back up hiding her emotions from sight.
She starts to ask another question, but is cut off when the door to the room opens revealing Mrs. Fa Xiàn who I previously knew as my Bermudian and Variable History Teacher.
"Looks like my counterpart is finally here." Mrs. Strau- I mean Interrogator Straught says. It's going to take a while to get used to calling her that. If I don't get executed.
"Good morning Anndy, good morning Agent Winters." Interrogator Fa Xiàn says stiffly. "Let's continue this interview; Winters only needs to complete watching this interview to become an Investigator."
Back to business; Straught asks,"What is your classification?"
"Why should I tell you?" I ask coolly; enraging Straught.
"Because," she evilly answers,"We can get this out of you another way, but I can't guarantee that you won't be in pain afterwards."
Maybe we should give them what they want. Danny suggests.
"We can't give in." I angrily say while reprimanding Danny.
"If you don't want to give in then it seems like we have to go to Plan B," Fa Xiàn says, making me realize I talked to Danny out loud. He's the one who's best at talking to me in public without talking out loud.
"The three of us are going to go out of the room," Straught says, a smirk evident on her face. As they walk out of the room Bullseye doesn't even glance in my direction.
When the door closes I hear a lock shut and vents open all over the room.
This can't be good, Danny worriedly frets. We need to try to combine our strength for whatever they are using.
But I can't hear him as I look at the nearest vent where what looks like pure darkness in vapor form coming out of the vent. I shut my eyes tightly; knowing Danny and I are better connected when I concentrate.
What should we do? I ask Danny, now worried.
We need to combine our strength, Danny answers annoyedly, I told you this already. I have an idea, you need to let me take over.

So I close my eyes and let Danny have full rein.

Danny's POV

My irises turn back to green and I look around the room to see the darkness has almost filled the entire room. I look behind me and see a a silhouette of a girl cast by a light that must be in a room beyond. A silhouette that looks like the shadow that was under the streetlight.
The darkness is almost to me and I quickly close my eyes; trying to start the first part of my plan.
With my eyes closed I reach out to Anndy and explain part of my plan to him; when I get cut off by an overwhelming pain and feeling of darkness.
Activate the plan, I quickly urge Anndy while giving him half of my control.

Co's POV

Immediately the feeling of pain disappears as we share the control. I open my eyes to find I can see through the darkness and begin unlocking what is keeping me stuck to the chair.
The darkness is starting to escape back out through the vents that it came from, causing me to work harder unlocking my hands.
The vents are just closing as I launch myself from the chair and rip the out of the ground, noticing that it was bolted to the ground.
I hear the door open and turn to it snarling as Straught starts walking in the room.
She freezes when she hears me snarl and her face becomes as white as snow when she sees my appearance.

Interrogator Straught's POV

After ten minutes of Anndy being in the interrogation room with the darkness one of my pet projects created I command her to bring back her darkness and await further instructions.
I leave my partner Fa Xiàn and the trainee Winters to make sure Anndy is ready to cooperate.
Hurrying to the room I quickly unlock the door and turn around to close it when I hear a snarl coming from behind me.
I close the door and slowly turn around and barely recognize the boy in front of me. He looks to be about the same size as an ape, and his arms are now really muscled making him be hunched over in the same position a primate would be in. Unfortunately for me he also seems to have the same demeanor as an enraged ape.
My faces pales when I look up to meet his gaze.
There is a bloodthirsty and angry look in his eyes, but that isn't why I paled.
One of his eyes is grey.
But the other is green.
I look around the room to see if there's anything that I can use to protect myself when I notice the table in the corner, and it's crushed.
I don't have time to get something to defend myself because right then information appears on my DataBand about Anndy and Danny. He is a Transmogrifyer.
And the way he's acting means...
His coexisting form is Unstable.
Then he lunges for me and I do the only rational thing I can do.

I scream.