The strays

Hold on,

Don't look back,

You know we're better than that

Picture: Luna's father (yes that's Booth from Bones XD)

Song: Sleeping with sirens- The strays

---------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the meeting went actually really smooth. All the people agreed on standing up for people being bullied in the hallways and breaking the pact.

There were of course some things that had to be discussed. As an example, what would we do if people who stood up for others got hurt because of it?

As a solution we agreed on telling as many people as possible to not walk to the hallways alone. That also meant that a few people who didn't have friends, needed to be taken into other groups.

It was weird how fast all the different leaders of all the different groups agreed to all the proposes that were made. It was actually quite a surprise to me that we actually came to multiple agreements at the end.

I think they just needed a leader, or leaders to step up. In many revolutions in history there were leaders needed to get the fire burning. The Fuentes brothers were those leaders I think. Most of the people already thought something had to be done, they just needed someone to take the initiative.

Only by the end of the meeting I realised that I needed to go home now. Home. To my mom. It seemed like I had blocked it out of my memory, to replace it by all the good memories I had made since yesterday. And now every emotions that I had blocked was racing through my body at an incredible speed.

Both Vic and his parents had said I could stay another night if I wanted to, but I knew I had to go back at some point. I didn't even wanted to think about what my mom would do to Vic or his family if she discovered I had stayed there overnight. No, I needed to go home. No matter how bad it was going to get.

Vic insisted though, that if I was going home, that I would call him if I'd get there. I think he was getting paranoid and thinking my mom would kill me or something. I don't believe she would though. But at the other hand, a few months ago I thought she would ever hit me. That turned out be untrue too.

Although I rolled my eyes at Vic when he asked me that, I liked the feeling of someone being protective of me. It was a welcome feeling, because I felt scared all the time. I was unsafe everywhere I went, at school and at home.

When I got to my house, I stood still in front of the door for a couple of seconds, just preparing myself for what could happen if I'd entered. I considered taking a run and fleeing to the Fuentes house, where I felt safe. But I wanted the people in that house to be safe rather than myself. I also considered just running of to nowhere. Start an entire new life and get a different name. I could even die my hair blond! But then I realised I probably wouldn't make it out of San Diego without getting caught or dying a horrible death.

I sighed and put the key inside the lock. I slowly opened it and looked through the small crack. I could just see the entire living room from this angle. My mom was nowhere to be seen, it was just my dad, reading a paper on the couch.

I moved through the door and closed the door. My dad looked up from his paper. "Hey Darling, how was school?"

I walked towards the couch, still with a little bit of caution. Maybe my mom was in the kitchen or upstairs. "It was okay. Where is mom?"

"She's running late from work today. I guess it's just going to be us this evening. Do you want to order pizza?" He said as he turned a page of his paper.