Never be

We'll never be as young as we are now

Picture: Leah

Song: 5 seconds of summer- Never be

------------------------------------------------------------

It was far from cold outside, but I was still shaking like crazy. It wasn't even windy. I tried to walk as I could to the abandoned bus. Me and Vic would meet each other there for my birthday. We hadn't been there for a very long time, because we didn't need to hide or friendship anymore. But this was a special occasion and special occasions required special places. I think the abandoned bus will always have a special place in my heart, just because of all the memories that had happened there. It's weird because it was far from a special thing. Most of the windows were shattered, animals lived in and around the place, malt covered the ceiling and the walls were covered in graffiti, but it was our place. It was the memories that made the place special.

I don't know exactly why I was so nervous. Okay, I did know. This would be the first time since the kiss that I would see Vic again and, knowing us, it would be extremely awkward. I honestly didn't know what to do. Was it better to remain friends? Would we go on a date together? But dates were for people who barely knew each other, right? We already knew everything about each other. So would we just dive into a relationship? Was that how it worked?

To be honest, I wasn't looking forward to talking to him about it. Mostly because I was afraid I was going to say something stupid. I had never had a boyfriend before, so I just didn't know how these things worked. At the other hand, he had never had a girlfriend either, at least he told hadn't.

I looked at the watch around my wrist. Almost one pm. I was going to be late, because of my slow walking. Not that he would mind either. He probably felt the same way as I did right now.

Eventually the once blue bus came in view. I could see Vic sit in his usual seat by the window and my heart started beating really fast. He hasn't seen me yet...Maybe I can still run away?

No Luna. Don't be a pussy.

I started walking towards the vehicle and stepped through the opening. Vic looked up to the floor of the bus creaking under my feet. He shot me an awkward smile and I shot one back. I walked towards him and sat down next to him. It felt uncomfortable sitting so close to him. Normally I wouldn't have minded, but now everything was different.

"Hi" He said and I chuckled at the awkwardness of the word. "Hi" I said back.

Then the quietness came for which I already feared. Somehow it went through my head that we might have ruined our friendship by falling for each other. That it would always be so quiet.

Then I realised he was still the same person. We were both still the same, this was just temporary.

I was searching my mind for something to say, but I blacked out completely. Luckily he eventually spoke up. "Okay, let's just for now, forget about what happened yesterday. Let's celebrate your birthday first."

I sighed. "We do need to talk about it, Vic."

He shrugged. "I know, but it can wait. Otherwise it will ruin your birthday and I wouldn't want that."

I chuckled. "It's not like my birthday is a big deal. Seventeen is not a special age and my parents are, especially this year, acting ignorant about my birthday."

His eyes started to sparkle. "That's exactly why we should celebrate it! It is about time for you to celebrate your birthday with friends."

"Friend." I corrected him. "We're alone right?" I looked around the bus.