Not So Bad ( Chapter 12)

Olivia woke up the next morning and turned to look next to her. She had slept comfortably in the chair,but now something was wrong. Seth was not in his bed. She was concerned, why was he out of bed when he was hurt, but a more important question would be where did he go? Olivia got up from the chair and left the room. She was worried, she thought that maybe he could be wondering around hurt, but she was also worried because she thought that maybe he had left her there. She tried not to panic, but as each second went by she only became more concerned. She went up to a woman at a desk and asked her if she saw Seth leave his room. The woman apologized and told Olivia that she didn't see him leave his room. Olivia was about to search the whole hospital, but the woman behind the desk tried to calm Olivia down. Olivia's back was turned and she didn't see Seth walk up behind her. The woman behind the desk smiled and talked to Olivia again.

"So you're really worried about him."

Olivia was slightly angry with what she said.

"Well yeah I'm worried about him, why else would I be looking for him?"

The woman could tell that she was upset and only wanted to help.

"I'm sorry, maybe you aren't looking hard enough. Maybe you should look behind you."

The woman smiled and even pointed for Olivia to turn around. Olivia turned around and Seth was right there behind her. He had a little surprise for her behind his back. Before he could even show her, Olivia started freaking out.

"There you are. What are you doing out of your bed? You had me so worried, I thought something terrible happened to you."

They walked back to the room so they could be alone.

"I'm sorry Olivia, I didn't mean to worry you, but the doctor came in and checked on me. He took a look at my stitches and said that I could get out of bed. He told me not to do anything too active, but he told me I could get up and walk around as long as I was careful. I'm sorry Olivia, I really didn't mean to worry you and I tried to get back to my room before you woke up, but I didn't make it. I wanted to make it back to the room before you woke up so I could surprise you."

Seth pulled out the surprise that was behind his back. Olivia smiled as she saw what he had. He had been to a flower store in the hospital, but flowers wasn't all that he had for her. He also bought her a stuffed teddy bear. Olivia, smiled at him and gladly accepted.

"Aw... Seth this is a surprise, but what is the occasion?"

"There is no occasion. Can't a guy just do something nice for his new girlfriend?"

Olivia smiled and blushed, she had to remember that they were a couple now, but this was the first time that Seth had referred to her as his girlfriend.

"You didn't have to. You're still hurt and I really didn't expect this."

Seth smiled and pulled her into a hug.

"That's why they call it a surprise sweetheart."

Olivia smiled at him for a moment and then kissed him. Then she admired the flowers and took a better look at her teddy bear. It was jjust a plain little brown fuzzy bear, bug with a stuffed heart with the words I Love You on it.

"You know what Seth?"

"What?"

"Everyone sees you as a Sell Out, but really, you're just a big sweetheart."

"Hey... sweetheart is my nickname for you. You have to think of something else for me."

"Ok... but you know what I mean... On the outside you may seem like a big tough guy, but really... you're just a big softie... like a teddy bear."