Not So Bad (Chapter Six)

Seth and Olivia were on their way to the next city for the Smackdown taping. It was almost midnight. Olivia was exhausted. Raw lasted for over three hours and then the events that unfolded after the show made it hard for Olivia to stay awake as they drove down the road. Seth noticed this and thought that he would start up a conversation to end the silence between them.

"So Olivia... since this was your first time in a WWE crowd what did you think about seeing it live?"

"It was interesting. It's kind of like going to see your favorite band live, but this was much more exciting. But I do have a question."

"What's that?"

"When you came out everyone started booing you. Why?"

Seth chuckled as bit as he knew he would have to explain the story about The Shield.

"Well do you remember the name of the other guy I was facing in the ring?"

"Dean Ambrose?"

"Yeah."

"What about him?"

"Well believe it or not Dean Ambrose and I, along with Roman Reigns used to be in a faction known as The Shield. We started at the bottom of WWE and worked our way to the top. At one point Roman Reigns and I were the tag team champions and Dean Ambrose was the United States Champion. So over the course of a year WWE fans did not always like us, but as we went along serving justice, WWE fans got behind us. We were the Hounds of Justice. We told everyone to Believe in the Shield. We've been to Wrestlemania twice and both times we've dominated our opponents."

Olivia interrupted him.

"I think I've heard about Wrestlemania. People compare it to the Superbowl. Some people would tell me that Wrestlemania is better than the Superbowl, but of course I've never seen it so I wouldn't know."

"Well yeah... Wrestlemania for us is like the Superbowl for football players. Wrestlemania is something that we all look forward to every year. Every year is better than the last. I hope you'll stick around to see it. It's coming back around here in a few months."

"Right... so what about the rest of the story about you and The Shield... sorry I interrupted."

"Oh right... So anyway When I was in The Shield with Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns we got really popular with the crowds, Roman, Dean, and I... we were like brothers. We're not really related, but when you have three guys that were as close as we were it's like a brotherhood. It's a bond that you don't ever really want to see end."

Olivia could sense that there was something wrong. It was like he didn't want to go on.

"So what happened Seth?"

"As part of the story line I had to turn on them."

Seth pulls out his phone and hands it to Olivia.

"Here Olivia... I'm sure its on YouTube. Go to YouTube and type in Seth Turns on The Shield. The video will explain it better than I could."

Seth had the sound of regret in his voice. Once Olivia saw the video of him turning on The Shield he was sure that Olivia wouldn't see him in the same way, that she would want to travel with him anymore. Once the video ended Olivia handed back his phone.

"Why did you do it Seth?"

"It was supposed to be so we can all move on and focus on our separate careers. I don't think you would really like my character right now in WWE. I'm supposed to be this arrogant guy that only cares about his career. I'm supposed to be playing a guy that's only concerned about his future. So... when I went after you in the crowd I broke character. Stephanie and Triple H didn't see what I saw. I need to tell them something Olivia... I told you I wouldn't tell anyone anything personal about you again, but I need to tell them something."

Olivia understood the problem. Even though it hurt her that he had brought up something personal before she now understood that this wasn't just her problem. He had to tell them something.

"I understand Seth... Tell them what you need to tell them. I guess the only reason it bothered me when I found out was because you told someone without me knowing about it."

"I know and I'm sorry about that. Now you know I have to tell them something, and I'm pretty sure that I'll have to say what happened on camera too, but I promise you this."

"What?"

"Nobody has to know it's you. I mean... sure they've seen you, but they don't have to know your name. Plus if something more exciting is going on like... I don't know... a Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt fight they probably wouldn't even think twice about what happened on Raw."

"Ok. That's fair enough."

Seth was wondering what she thought about him now that she knew about him turning on The Shield.

"I hope that the video you just saw didn't change your opinion about me. What you saw was Seth Rollins the character, not Seth Rollins the guy."

"No I get it. Not everyone likes the choice you made, but overall it has been good for all three of you. All three of you get more attention now by the looks of it more than when you were in a group. I think that one problem with fans is they can't look past the good guy or bad guy character and see the talent in the ring."

There was a moment of silence in the car. Seth was amazed at her words. For someone that wasn't familiar with WWE she spoke those words like a true fan. Olivia wondered if Seth ever thought twice about turning on The Shield

"So Seth... Do you regret turning on The Shield?"

Seth didn't expect this question at all. He had to think about what he wanted to say.

"Well... we all needed to go our separate ways. The WWE Universe loved us as The Shield and now Dean Ambrose and I are getting more time now than when we were in The Shield. Right now Roman is out with an injury. He'll be back soon, but the WWE Universe got behind him too. The WWE Universe... they love Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose."

"But not you."

"Most people don't but there are a few people that do."

"I was kind of cheering for you... I was silently cheering for you. Everyone else was cheering for Dean Ambrose and I didn't want to be the only one cheering for you."

"But to answer your question... yes... sometimes I do regret turning on The Shield... sometimes I miss the brotherhood that we had together.

Olivia nodded her head like she understood. Neither of them really said anything else. It was late and they were both getting tired. About thirty minutes later Seth looked over at Olivia and she was asleep. She looked so beautiful, so peaceful. Seth was getting tired too. He decided to get off the interstate and check into a hotel. He didn't want to wake her up so he went to check in first. He came back and quietly grabbed their things out of the car and took it up to their room. He came back for her. She was sitting in the passenger seat so he unbuckled her seat belt, put one arm under her legs and the other arm behind her back. He slowly and gently lifted her from her seat and carried her into the hotel. He had told someone that he didn't want to wake Olivia up so someone was nice and held the door open for them as he brought her in.

The person followed them to their room and also opened the door to their room and then left. As soon as the door was open Seth made his way to the bed with her and gently put her in bed under the covers. Seth still had a few things that he had to take care of, but a few minutes later he quietly climbed into bed making sure that he didn't wake Olivia up. She was curled up facing the opposite direction. Seth lay there and looked at her for moment before he ran a hand through her hair, he moved the hair out of her face. She wasn't aware of anything that was going on, but she rolled over to face him and she felt him kiss her head again. Seth noticed a small smile form on her face after he kissed her. He smiled at her and wrapped his arm around her as he fell asleep. Earlier that night he was worried about losing her forever, now she lay sleeping peacefully right beside him. Seth had told her that he hoped that they could at least be friends, but they both started to feel like maybe there was something more starting between them. Olivia fell asleep feeling happier and safer than she ever had before.

(To be continued.)