Chapter 24

<<~~ Clare's POV ~~>>

"Do I have to go home!!??" I moan, mischievously.

"Yes baby. I'm sorry. I just don't want to get you in trouble or get us caught."

"But Mark!" I play with the hairs on his chest. We are lying in bed together, and he's trying to make me go home. So not happening.

"But Clare!" He imitates. I shoot him a look.

"Fine. If you want to get rid of me that much." I get up and turn my back on him playfully. I smirk.

He wraps his arms around my bare stomach and pulls me back into bed again.

"I suppose we can wait five minutes..." He smirks. Lots of smirking with the two of us.

Twenty minutes later I jump up.

"I actually have to go now. I'll get killed!"

I get up to get dressed and he gets up too. I take my clothes to the bathroom to get dressed, and with a slap of my ass, he walks downstairs.

-- Up the street from Clare's house --

He drops me off up the road so mam doesn't see him.

"Mark?"

"Clare?"

"I'm going to tell mam about us and introduce you both again tomorrow? If you want?"

"Are you sure your ready?"

"I'm Positive."

"I can't wait." He smiles, we say our goodbyes and he leaves.

I walk up the street, towards my house.

A car is slowly driving beside me, and when I look over there is an old man, around Marks age, driving the car. His blue/green eyes glimmer at me, and I have to say, his freckles and dimples when he smiles, suit him.

I don't like the way he smirked at me though.

I walk a little faster, and the car picks up speed. The man puts the window of his sexy black Audi R8 down.

"Do you want a lift?"

"Nah I'm grand, thank you anyway."

"You sure, it looks cold out there."

"I'm positive."

"I see that you like the car."

Will this man ever go away??

"It's lovely."

"She's a lovely ride."

"I don't want a lift. Okay?" I snap. Maybe I shouldn't have done that.

"Okay sweetheart. I tried to do this the polite way, but apparently you don't like that. Get into the fucking car or I swear you'll regret it."

Shit. I run. Run as fast as my legs will take me. Up to the front door of my house. Turn the doorhandle. Fuck it anyway.

I look down at my feet, and see the note.

"Hello dear. Your father and I are out shopping with your sister so you can go back to town for a while. There is €10 under the mat to get food. Love you and see you soon xx Mum "

Fuck!

I turn around, only to be face to face with the man who appears to want to kill me.
"The name's John. John Berry."