What Do I Tell My Friends? (9)

"DYLAN! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? HOW COULD YOU BE SO IRRESPONSIBLE? COME HERE SO I CAN HUG YOU UNTIL YOU DIE!" Dylan's mom, Sarah, screamed. She tried to run to him and give him a hug, but the nurse stopped her. "You had better be very careful. He is in a lot of pain and we don't want to give him much more painkillers" the nurse warned. Sarah replied,"Okay, thank you" very calmly. She then proceeded to slowly walk to Dylan and flick his forehead as hard as she could, then kiss him right were she had flicked him. "What were you thinking?" Sarah asked him. "I was thinking about her" Dylan thought. He decided to say,"I wasn't." She kissed him again and said,"That's so your brain will get bigger." Dylan smiled, then realized something. "Where's dad?" he asked. "Work" his mother told him. "He doesn't know anything about this" "Is there any way we could keep it like that?" Dylan asked wistfully. "Haha no. I don't think so" Sarah said with a small laugh. Dylan knew that his dad, David, would be less than happy once he found out that I wrecked his car. On the bright side, he could finally get a run-down 2nd or 3rd hand mid-sized car like he wanted. "Did they get my phone from the crash?" Dylan asked the nurse. "Yes, I have it in that drawer right beside you" she told him. He reached his left arm out and opened the drawer. He checked his messages, as started texting his friends with explanations. Everyone asked why he wasn't at school, and he had to tell all of them that he got in a car wreck. Then he texted his best friend, Eli, "I'm typing this with my left hand😉" and tried not to laugh. He made WAY too many dirty jokes with Eli. But that was how he made friends. If they liked his jokes, they were cool. If not, they could go screw themselves. He loved Eli. He had known him since he was 7, and he was so scared for college. They both thought it would ruin their friendship. They hung out almost every day, if not not every weekend. He was pretty sure he would get fucked up if he didn't have Eli to ground him, and visa versa. Eli texted back "you've got to be kidding me. You missed school to jack off?!?! You're a mad man!!😂😂" Dylan smiled. He had no idea that Dylan was in fact incapable of typing with his right hand. He replied with an actual explanation. "Nah man, I wish my grades could afford that! I'm in the hospital. The right side of my body got pinned under a semi in a car accident. I need my homework and some notes tho. Think you can handle that?" Eli didn't text back for a while, so he figured passing period was over. He checked his phone again, looking for one name in-particular, but the last message was "No, I guess you're right. See you then!"