Too Many Questions (8)

Dylan was laying in his hospital bed for a few minutes before he decided to get up and walk around. He tried to move his right arm, but pain flared in his shoulder. He instinctively grabbed it with his left hand, and was surprised that that arm didn't hurt. He adjusted his good arm and tried to push up into a sitting position, but his right side ached with so much pain he wished it was his shoulder again. As he guessed, his right hip and leg were just as bad. His left leg below his knees hurt as well, but that's the only part of the left side of his body that hurt. He reached for the little remote at his bedside to call the nurse in. The only problem was it was on the right side of his bed. He reached and reached, but he couldn't get within a few inches of it. He decided to try shouting. He started to take a deep breath, but his side was in too much pain. He was just going to have to wait until a nurse came in. He waited there for what seemed like hours before the nurse strolled in with a clipboard I'm her hand. She looked up at him and stumbled back, obviously surprised that he was awake. "Hello Dylan," she said, regaining her composure. Dylan started asking questions. "Where am I?" "Who are you?" "Did you call my parents?" "How long have I been here?" The nurse shook her head and said," Look Dylan, I don't know about most of those questions, but you've been here only about 12 hours. It's 10:00 AM and you had your accident last night at around 8:00 PM. You hit a semi straight on. Your whole right side of your body was pinned under the trailer. Your lucky it wasn't all of you, or you would have died." Dylan was stunned. He had one more question. "Where am I?" Dylan inquired. "You're in Sacramento. This is Parkview Hospital on 25th and 3rd. We haven't gotten your finger print to see who you are exactly, because your right thumb is in the system and we didn't want to hurt you. We need that finger print if you think you can move you arm well enough" the nurse replied. Dylan thought about how much his arm hurt when he tried to move it. "Yeah, I'm strong enough" he said. She brought her clipboard ad an ink pad over to his right side. He barely moved his arm and winced from pain, but he calmly placed his thumb on the ink pad and then again on the paper. "Thank you, Dylan" the nurse said. With that she walked out of the room. She returned a few minutes later ad informed Dylan that his parents had been called. He thanked her and grabbed the remote to the T.V, which was thankfully on his left side. He turned on a re-run of Fresh Prince and waited for his parents to get here.