Chapter 14: Almost Free

Age: 17

Summer

It was summer and everyone in the school was given two months off as a break. Some kids got to leave for a bit to go to town and get away from the school. I decided to stay this year. It was almost time for me to graduate and I couldn't wait. I'd finally be free, able to live my life and see Goldie everyday. He used to call me everyday but he got a new job that got in the way sometimes. He also couldn't visit as often which really sucked. I hope he's having a good time out in the real world. Freddy and Bonnie are still together which is pretty cool and they always steal the phone away when Goldie calls. They always put a smile on my face.

I sighed, remembering that I still had one more year. It's going to be my easiet year here but it's going to go by so slow. I sighed and left the room, wearing a tank top under a blue flannel and shorts. I decided to go to the courtyard and I met up with some new friends I made a few months ago. They were pretty cool.

I had three new friends, two boys and a girl. The girl is named Charlotte but we call her Chica. She's small and bubbly and very sweet. She's excellent at cooking and sometimes brings something for us to eat. She has blonde hair and cute purple eyes. One of the boys is Flynn but we call him Foxy after a girl said he was 'foxy.' It was pretty funny actually and we teased him about it for a while. He is extremely tall and he likes to pick me up. It's kinda weird but I don't mind. He has spiky red hair and piercing amber eyes. He also has a small Scottish accent. The other guy's Mike. He's a bit shorter than Foxy but he's still pretty tall... Why do I surround myself around tall people? Anyway, Mike is kinda badass and he gets in trouble quite often. He's nice though... That's about it. But, I met up with them anyway because they're the reason I'm pretty happy at school.

"Hey, (Y/N)," Chica said, waving happily. "I heard someone was waiting for you in the play room. No idea why, but there is."

"Oh, well then let's go," I said, walking to the playroom with everyone following. I was the only one who knew the way to this playroom since no one ever uses it anymore. The school wants to turn it into another room for someone to live in since they are almost to full capacity with living space. However, the school is waiting until I leave since they know that's where I like to go and relive my childhood.

I sighed as I walked into the play room. My eyes widen as I ran toward the blonde haired, blue eyed guy I've known to love. I hugged him tightly and he just chuckled.

"Nice to see you too, (Y/N)," Gold said.

"Why didn't you tell me you were going to visit?!" I asked, smiling brightly.

"I wanted it to be a surprise."

"Well it was a very lovely surprise."

"I brought you something." Gold let go of me and pulled out a small wrapped box. He gave it to me and I opened it. Inside the box was a beautiful silver necklace with music note charm.

"How did you..." I trailed off.

"I saved up some money to get you something special," he said.

"Gold, thank you." I hugged him again. He insisted I wear the necklace and helped me put it on. I felt really happy that he visited me. I couldn't wait to leave the school and finally move on with my life with Gold.

"So, I was thinking about taking you to the town down the road for a date. You up for it?" He asked.

"Sure. I'd love to," I replied. Gold smiled and then we went to the town. We went to a small diner that sells amazing food and ate some lunch. Gold talked about his job and regular life living with his brother and his brother's boyfriend. Apparently, Freddy and Bonnie were thinking about moving out when I graduated so Gold and I can live together, something about not having enough room in the house for four people. I guess that's alright. Gold seemed to be doing well outside the school and he seems really happy. He told me that he couldn't wait for my graduation, that he had something special planned. I was excited but curious to know the special plan, but Gold kept his mouth shut. He just wouldn't tell me. I guess I'll find out eventually.

After lunch, we went for a walk around the town, exploring the small shops and catching up. I told him about Chica, Foxy, and Mike and Gold seemed to get a bit protective over me when I mentioned Foxy. I wonder why...

It was a wonderful little date we had and it definitely brought back memories. I smiled the entire time, we shared a kiss here and there, and it was just us. No one could ruin this beautiful moment we shared...

Man, was I wrong...

I got a phone call and decided to answer.

"Hell-"

"HELLO WORLD AND ALL WHO INHABIT IT!"

Then, they hung up.

"Ow..." I said.

"I'll kick Freddy's ass for you," Gold said with a smile.

I nodded and smiled. Just one more year... Then we'll be together for real...