Chapter 9: Feelings Revealed

Age: 13

Fall

Everyday after classes, Gold, Freddy, and I would always hang out. We either went to the music room or hung out in our rooms together. It was always fun and Nanny was happy that I was socializing with others. She was worried I wouldn't make friends because of my life before. But today, we were in the music room. Freddy was coaching Gold and I as we sang a duet.

"Gold, you're a little sharp. (Y/N), sing a little louder," he said. We corrected our mistakes and we sounded pretty good together.

"That was awesome. Better than last week," Gold said after we finished.

"Definitely. I had Ashley help me a little. Are we actually going to perform in the Talent Show?" I asked.

"Yes. I think we should find a song for a trio. That would be cool," Freddy said. Gold and I nodded and we all sat on the floor. I brought Junior with me today and held him on my lap.

"You still have him, (Y/N)?" Gold asked.

"Yeah. I've kept him ever since you gave him to me," I say, looking at the small golden teddy bear. Over the years I learned how to sew and I made a little bow tie for the bear.

"Huh, that's awesome. And he doesn't look all tattered."

"I kept good care of him. I never put him on the floor, I always made sure he was clean, and I sewed up any tears before stuffing came out."

"Cute. You two care sooo much about each other," Freddy said. I laughed and Gold smiled. His face was turning pink.

"So, what should we do now?" I asked. Freddy shrugged and Gold looked away.

"Can I talk to you alone, (Y/N)?" Gold asked. I nodded and he led me to another empty room. He seemed to be anxious and nervous.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked.

"Well..." he began. He hesitated, then chose not to say anything.

"Is something wrong?"

"No, not really."

"Then what did you want to tell me?"

He looked at everything in the room and avoided eye contact. I grew worried. Did I do something? Am I the reason why he is acting this way?

"Gold, I'm sorry. I don't exactly know what I did, but I'm sorry. How can I make it better?" I ask.

"No! You didn't do anything. You're perfect just the way you are!" He bursts out. His face was bright red at this point.

"What?"

"Look, it's just that... I think you and Freddy are cute together."

I tiled my head. Freddy and me? Together? Like, relationship or friends?

"Really?" I ask.

"Uh, yeah," he said.

"Oh, well, I'm glad. He is kinda cute."

Gold's expression saddened and he slumped his shoulders slightly.

"Yeah. Uh, let's go back to the room."

I nod and followed Gold back to the music room. Freddy looked up and smiled at me. I looked away, feeling my cheeks get warm.

"Welcome back guys," he said.

"Hey, Fredbear," Gold says, sitting next to his brother. They whispered quietly and Freddy nodded. He got up and walked over to me, wrapping his arms around me. I felt my face getting warmer and I was probably blushing.

"Freddy?" I ask.

"I really do like you," he says.

I hugged him tightly. However, my heart didn't flutter and I didn't feel any emotion other than... disappointment. I'll be honest, I kinda like Gold. I have for a few years now, but... he doesn't like me that way. His brother does. I looked at Gold and he looked away, sad. What was happening? Why is he acting this way?

I sighed. Freddy let go and ruffled my hair.

"We'll hang out tomorrow. We have to get back to our rooms before it gets too late," he says. I nod. Gold gets up and walks out of the room without us. I frown, pick up Junior, and walk out with Freddy. It was silent. We didn't see Gold anywhere. Finally, Freddy broke the silence.

"You know that Gold likes you, right?" He asks.

"As a friend, apparently," I say, sighing.

"No. More than a friend actually. He just got too flustered and embarrassed to say it."

"So, it's him that likes me?" My heart fluttered a bit at this. Was it really the other way around?

"Yeah. I consider you my little sister. I used to have a crush on you, but I've moved on to someone else. Besides, Gold's love for you is more powerful than mine. I'd give him some time before saying anything though. Let him cool down," Freddy explains as we arrive at our rooms. I nod and hug Freddy.

"Thanks 'big bro.' You're the best," I say.

"No problem, 'little sis.' I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye."

We go into our separate rooms and I jump around happily. Gold likes me. Gold likes me. Me. I always dreamed of a miracle happening in my life. Maybe this is it. Maybe those fairy tale stories I always read are true.