Small Steps

After Josh confronted me he didn't leave my side the whole day. To be honest...it was really sweet having him go every where with me. Sometimes he would grab my hand or hug me from behind. My favorite part of the whole day was when we went out to the mall. when came out of the food court and some guy made fun of me with his friend over how I held onto Josh's arm. I frowned and was gently pushed to the side by Josh. "Stay here." With Josh saying that, he walked up to man and I watched from the distance.

Before I could tell what was going on Josh had already hit the man's face. His friend stood there speechless. A woman who was next to me with her daughter caught this and she looked at me. "Do you know him?" I smiled and pointed at Josh. "That's my boo." I know Josh heard me because I heard him chuckled. Her daughter couldn't of been older then 6 and she grabbed my hand. "Do you like cupcakes?" I picked her up smiling at the little angel. "Yes I do." She gave me a small bag with a cupcake in it. "That's for you!"

She smiled and I put her down and saw Josh looking at me with a heart-melting smile. "Come on sweetie, your brother just came out of Hot Topic." I raised an eyebrow and turned my attention to a teenage boy with multiple pierces come out. He actually looked more scary then when Josh is mad. "Yay! Big brother's back! Bye-bye Mister." I waved the girl goodbye watching her run into the arms of her brother.

Her mother followed behind. Then Josh came up to me. "What was that about? Aww did Tywer make a new friend?" I playfully pushed Josh back acknowledging his childish voice. "Why don't you go play on the monkey bars, Josh." We both laughed while going back to the car. When we drove a half a block from the mall Josh starting being serious. "Tyler, I noticed how good you were with that girl."

I didn't really expect him to say that or what he was about to ask me. "Oh, uh, I wanted kids when I thought I was going to marry a girl." Then he looked at me with a mischievous smile. "Think about what you just said." Josh told me, I raised an eyebrow at him and questioned his words. "What? That I thought I was going to marry a-" Well, fuck. I blushed and turned my head towards Josh in a slight panic. "I didn't mean it- wait! I don't mean it like that. Um, I meant you, me, I-" Josh laughed at me being flustered over something so dumb.

"Then what exactly did you mean?" I noticed Josh made a turn down a forest trail which I assume nobody's been there in ages. Suddenly he parked the car and turned his attention to me. "I meant...I um, I don't really know anymore..." I sighed and felt a pair of lips on mine. Josh pulled away before me and spoke. "If we were married we would adopted a beautiful little girl and I would take care of you both because I love you."

Josh had me almost tears. I don't know how I could deserve someone like Josh. Maybe I would end up with him I wouldn't mind it one bit. "Then let's pretend we are." I smiled sheepishly looking down at my hands. I didn't expect him to respond so calmly.

"Guess were married then."

I looked at Josh and he got out of the car. "Wanna take a walk with your boo?" I laughed softly while getting out after Josh. "So then you were listening to me and those girl's conversation?" Josh grabbed my hand and we walked down a the trail together. "Yeah, I wanted to make sure you weren't saying anything bad about me you know like most marriages do." I playfully pushed Josh's shoulder smiling. "You are such a loser."

Josh stopped and hugged me. "Your a loser too. If you ask why it's because your dating a loser." I leaned up and kissed his cheek.

"If I'm a loser too then your stuck as my boo."