Show If You Won't Tell Me

"Is Josh up this morning or is he sleeping in like usual?" Bill asked me, I leaned against the counter holding a plate of fresh made chocolate-chip pancakes and bacon. "He's awake. Doing something." Then I saw Jordan sit at the table giving me an odd look. "Hey Tyler, are you an item with my brother?" He asked flatly, I ate a stripe of bacon watching Abigail sit down. "No, were just close friends." As I continued to eat Ashley walked into the kitchen and stood in front of me. I raised my eyebrow at her seeing her eye's latched to my neck. "What are you looking at?" I asked, forgetting Josh had left two visible hickey's that I made no attempt to hide them. Ashley grabbed my hand and pulled me into her room. She opened her make up bag and looked for foundation. "Ashley, what are you so freaked out about?" Then I looked in her body mirror.

"Oh my god!"

I brushed my fingers across the soft, bruised parts of my neck where Josh's lips once were. "I'm going to cover it up so mom and dad don't raise question's. Did Josh give you those?" She asked, carefully brushing foundation on my neck. "Yeah...I kind of let him." She didn't seem happy with the answer I gave her so I decided it would be better to leave her alone. I reached for the door handle until she grabbed me by the waist hugging me. "Tyler do you like me or Josh...?" I never thought about if I liked Josh but I know I'm not into Ashley. "I'm not sure about Josh. I'm sorry to tell you that I'm not interested in you" I said while taking her hands off my waist. "I'm sorry Ashley but your my best friend's little sister." I turned around and saw her start to cry. "No Ashley, don't cry! Were still friends!" She smiled at those words and opened the door for me. I smiled looking back at her while leaving her room. Then I bumped into someone.

"Josh! Uh h-hi!" I don't know why I was so nervous seeing Josh like usual. "Did you just come out of Ashley's room?" I heard his voice raised slightly at me. My eyes trailed down from Josh's face to his half-naked figure. His boxers were hanging a little lower then most of the time. I could see his hip bones. Awkward silence happened again. My mouth opened but the words didn't come out only a few "Uh's" and "Um" came out. Obviously flustered by Josh's body I felt my face heat up when my eyes got to his boxers. Then I looked back up at his face. "Well did you?" He pressed on, the last um came out of my mouth before I turned around and went back to the kitchen.

"Tyler, your face! It's all red." I didn't expect it until Laura brought my into the bathroom and sat me on the tub side. She pulled out a thermometer and stuck it in my mouth. "I'm fine r-" She interrupted. "Tyler, shut up and let me check your temperature." I didn't expect her to be so motherly towards me. She took it out and read it off to me. "103 Tyler, I want you to go lay down in Josh's room. I'll bring you soup in a few minutes." I listened to her and did what she said. As soon as I laid down I thought about what could of made my temperature go up so fast. I felt fine then I found out how it raised.

Josh came in along with his mother he didn't even bother to put on clothes. This seemed normal around here due to nobody telling him to put on any clothes. The heat raised back to my face again. I sat up and Laura gave me soup then she kissed my forehead my a real mother would. "Get better honey. I'll check on you in a few hours. Josh watch over him sweetie." She patted my shoulder and left. I couldn't help but smile at how much she thinks of me as family. "Tyler, you know were staying here for a few more days right?" I shook my head and my somewhat 'Fever' didn't get any better with Josh sitting on his bed right in front of me. I couldn't help starting at his well taken care of muscular figure. "How are you feeling?" Josh asked, breaking me from my stare. I placed the soup on the night stand "I don't have a fever I feel normal." Josh smirked at me and then started to get closer. "Then why is your face burning up." I stared at him and the same thing that happened to me earlier happened I couldn't speak again.

"Do you think I can't see you look at my body whenever you get a chance."

I looked at his smirk and suddenly felt his hand under my shirt touching just above my hip. I didn't push him away for some reason I liked the feeling of Josh's hand touching my skin. "Strange it's not only your face that's hot..." His hand went up to my chest. His other hand tugged my shirt up I watched his eyes look at my abdomen and up to my chest. "Your whole body is hot." I already knew Josh wasn't talking about my fever. He took my shirt off and gave a satisfied hum. "I should of agreed to stay a few nights here if I knew I could take you with me." Josh said, "I never thought it would be you I would care about the most."

I laid my hand on his cheek. "I could say the same thing to you..." I saw his bright smile while he leaned his head into the palm of my head. "Then why won't you tell me you love me?" I saw longing and a bit of desperation in his eyes. "Josh, if I say it would it mean anything if I did it because you asked me to...?" Josh looked down and then back up to me. "Then when your fever goes down, show me instead." Then he got up and left without another word. I think I'm starting to understand my own feelings...

I think I'm falling for my best friend...