Chapter 4 - Always tired, Never asleep

Chapter 4

“What?” I ask, confused due to the odd change in events.

“It’s probably just mistake, yeah a mistake.” Eve tries to reason with herself.

“What’s a mistake?” I ask still trying to understand the situation.

“Nothing just a bit tired, we should go to sleep.” She says walking towards the stairs with a dazed look.

Of course she wouldn’t know this but I have a problem sleeping, I don’t do it. I’m basically half-awake but fully aware, so I think about things that don’t need much thought, “Over thinking” summarizes it. Instead of going to my room I head outside of the house and take a walk around, heading nowhere. After what feels like 15 or 30 minutes of walking I’m greeted by what’s supposed to be a gang but honestly looks like a group of friends in bad clothing with dirty wings. Might as well walk past them, not like anyone that isn’t life angels has a grudge against me.

“Hey kid, It’s a bit cold give me your hoodie.” A person from the group of friends demanded.

I stop walking, put my hands in my pants pockets, sigh and look up at the night sky.

“You got to be kidding me.” I say tiredly.

The group of friends looked a bit shocked. I guess my reaction was a bit abnormal.

“What are you a group of wannabe thugs?” I ask.

They look irritated. I’m not trying to insult them it’s an honest question.

“We’re part of the most notorious gang in AAD, now Give him your hoodie or we’ll have to use force.” Another person from the group said.

“Well that’s a shame, I actually like this hoodie.”  I say.

The group of friends takes out their weapons.

I don’t really know if there are any rules or laws in this world so I let a guy hit my right arm. I should probably end this quick I’m not sure what time it is, but I’ve been out for a while. He swings for my right arm again, I stop it with my hand, pull him towards me then kick him into a wall, doesn’t look like he’ll be getting up anytime soon. The other members look surprised for a few seconds until a person lunges at me with a butterfly knife, I sidestep away from the knife, barely missing me it cuts the front of my hoodie. I kick the back of his wrist making him drop the knife, then knee him in the stomach, hopefully he’ll stay down. I go through a few more guys then behind all of them is a tom boyish girl, shaking, and holding a knife pointed at me. I take my hands out of my pockets.

“It’s alright, I don’t hit girls. Since you’re most likely apart of their gang you probably have someone to call. Everyone should be alright, although I’m not so sure on the wall hugger.” I say, then turn around and start to walk back home.

After what feels like 15 minutes of walking I get home and go to my empty room, I quickly imagine a light, a bed, a alarm, a desk, a computer, a phone, an mirror, a table, a flat screen TV, a few dark outfits, and a window with navy blue curtains. It’s 2 am and I got time to waste so I take a shower since I haven’t taken one since coming here. After getting changed it was 2:13 am, so I starting web surfing, until 5 hours passed and Eve knocks on my door.

“Come in!” I yell.

Eve walks in and on my bed she sees my cut hoodie.

“You should be more careful, I heard on the news that a group of gang members were sent to the hospital last night.” Eve says.

Well isn’t that ironic.

“I’ll keep that in mind” I say.

“So, about yesterday..” she says nervously.

“Oh yeah, what happened? You looked dazed.” I ask.

“Well remember how I said that our names are given to us?” She asks.

“Yeah.” I say, while spinning in my chair.

“Well names are based off of a person’s future, and there are lists of names for potential gods. So there’s this very short list of names for potential devils....” She nervously says.

“Okay…” I say, guessing why she's telling ym this.

“Your name is on that list.”