Chapter 16 - Eggs

Start from the beginning

"Anyways... We came to an agreement." I smiled and contently sighed. "Thank goodness!"

"Yeah, he was really upset, but I made it all better by making some tea. He doesn't like tea. This tea makes you sleepy." I narrowed my eyes as he continued, "He's sleeping on my couch right now."

I groaned and laid my head on my pillow. "Yejun! You practically drugged him!"

He laughed and cleared his throat. "Of course not, he was tired anyways. As soon as he sat down, he looked like he was about to fall asleep."

I glanced at the clock on my wall. "Yejun, it's 9:01."

"If the little boy is afraid to go home late, I'll make him sleepover."

I rolled my eyes. We continued talking for about another hour. After I finished talking to him, I called Dad.

--

'Hey. I talked to Yejun. Len I'm sorry ok? I just want us to be friends again 👌🏼'

Alaric surprised the hell out of me, and he's calling him Yejun now? Word? I didn't want to sound different, so I responded in any typical way.

'Word? So no funny shit right?'

'Nah I got you bum 😂😂 I'm still gonna bust your kneecaps tho'

'Do that and I'll fuck you up'

'Lmaoooo sma'

'Did you sleep over?'

'I didn't want to, but he insisted 😒 Not gonna lie, his house is nice.'

'Wait, you're home right?'

'Nah... He's still sleeping, I'm dead ass about to rob him.'

Laughing, I imagined Alaric getting caught.

'CHILL LMAOOOO WHAT'S GOOD WITH YOU! 😂😂😂'

'😂😂😭 he's awake now. He better cook me food cuz I'm hungry.'

'He's a good cook.'

'Foh I cook better than him 😒'

'Lmao aii Alaric, go get food.'

I smiled and put my phone down. Things were feeling a lot better.

--

Four days later, Kat turned 17. The squad and I assembled in Chinatown. We all went to Da Wong's and celebrated there since that's Kat's favorite spot. Lien reached into his bag and took out an ice cream cake. Kat groaned when she noticed it was designed with cats. We all laughed and Liem lit the candles.

"One, two, three!"

"Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag!" We all chimed in. Kat stared at us in surprise and we smiled. "But uh... We don't know how to sing it in German so..." muttered Elias.

"Happy birthday to you!" We sang. "Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Kat! Happy birthday to you!"

She got up and hugged all of us. "I fucking love you guys."

"Take this before I break your knee caps." I said as I handed her a gift bag. She took it from me and nearly tumbled to the ground. "What the hell?! Are there rocks in here or something?"

I shrugged. "Maybe, now look inside." She put the bag on the table and glanced into it. We all watched as she took out a giant tub of Nutella- 105.8 ounces. She read the mini card that said: