||thirteen||

C h a p t e r  T h i r t e e n

I feel like shit.

My ankle hurts, my blanket was so thin it was barely even keeping me warm, and there was a lot of noise around me. Talking, whisper-yelling, metal clanking against metal.

What the fuck? Be quiet.

"Mmphsfer," I muttered, turning my body underneath my blanket to get into a fetus position.

Once the string of incoherent words left my lips, it seemed like all the noise and whispering stopped.

Okay, what is going on? This is weird.

I slowly poked my head out of the blanket, glaring at the blinding lights and rubbing my eyes. "What's going on?" I muttered, my eyes squinting at the lights.

When I finally opened my eyes, Chase, Troye and the nurse were staring at me with their eyes wide and concerned. I squinted my eyes at them, what are they doing here? My vision was still pretty blurry  and my mind was cloudy, unable to comprehend whatever was happening around me.

"How are you feeling, Virginia?" The nurse asked me, before helping me adjust my foot and body comfortably.

"Like crap," I replied, watching the nurse's perfectly arched eyebrows raise, before sending me a warm smile. She filled a glass of water up and handed it to me, as I tried to ignore the fact the Chase and Troye were straight-up staring at me with an intensity that felt like it could burn holes. I gratefully drank from the cup, averting my eyes anywhere but at the boys.

"Your ankle isn't badly sprained, it's actually very minor," the nurse started, before explaining to me how I should care for my ankle and all that irrelevant stuff. While getting bored listening to the nurse, I noticed her name tag.

Mrs. Woods.

So she does have a name. Huh, figures.

Chase and Troye were talking to each other, but I couldn't make out what they were saying due to their hushed tones. But I could tell from the expressions on their face that it was definitely serious.

Their faces were bruised and swelled up, with plasters on Chase's face. They better not have gotten in trouble from the school, each of them had perfect records and never had detention. I'm not even sure why Troye started the fight, but he better have some good reasons.

The nurse finally left me, going over to her desk to take a seat. I immediately took my phone out in order to avoid the awkward tension in the air between the three of us, but my eyes almost bulged out of it's sockets when I saw the time.

3.30pm

School ended like an hour ago, and I have been sleeping for God know how long.

I groaned, wanting to get out of here and get back home so I can continue crying in my comfortable bed.

I slowly lifted my foot off the bed, ignoring all the questions in my head that were asking about their presence here. Clearly, none of them had severe injuries and they could go home.

"What do you think you're doing, Virginia?" Troye suddenly voiced, bolting towards me and putting my foot back on the bed.

Oh, so now we're talking?

Virginia! You're the one who made him not want to talk to you!

Yeah, but did he really need to switch seats during Physics?

My internal war between myself ended when Troye whispered several words to Chase before leaving the room.

What the fuck? Why would he leave Chase and me in the room alone with the nurse? This is so not good. Maybe Troye gave up on me for real.