||eleven||

C h a p t e r  E l e v e n

"Virginia!" I heard Troye's voice cut through my thoughts, loud, clear and desperate.

I had to avoid him, there was no way I'm facing him after my scary realization. I pushed my feet against the ground, stretching my legs out as far as I can. I hope he'll give up soon after.

It's too bad I got tired first.

"Virginia, stop. Where are you going?" Troye panted, grabbing my wrist to turn me around with so much force that my feet lost balance. I fell to the ground, my butt planting against the rocky sidewalk as I looked away in embarrassment, hoping he'd just leave me alone so I can figure out my thoughts.

"I need to be alone," I whispered, hoping he would hear me and listen. He bend his knees, getting down on the ground so he was now eye-level with me. Troye lifted my hands off the ground, planting it firmly in his hands.

"No, I already regret leaving you alone yesterday. Look, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be a dick. But  I can't stand being treated like one of your meaningless one-night stands," Troye said, his voice laced with concern and regret, as his hands slowly left mine to cup my cheek. "I know we are something more than just that, Virginia."

When I said nothing, Troye tilted my chin upwards so that I'd look into his eyes. "Tell me Virginia, why did you leave me a note? Am I one of your meaningless boy toys?" His eyebrows were knotted together, his hazel eyes dark with a myriad of emotions; frustration, regret, jealousy, worry and so much more. I was unable to comprehend how someone could feel so much at one time.

I nodded my head dumbly, unable to form words with my mouth to say to him, afraid that I might say something that I'll regret saying later.

His eyes suddenly blazed with determination, his grip on my left wrist tightening as he quickly withdrew his hand from my cheek. He took my other hand and pulled me up, successfully getting me to stand on my feet.

"Does this feel meaningless to you?" Troye said, his eyes darkening as he suddenly got closer to me. I felt his body flush against mine as he pushed my head forward, catching my lips in an unexpected kiss.

But it didn't end there, no. Troye's hands roamed all over my body, his lips like fire, kissing me with a passion that can only be brought by Troye. I stood there, frozen, completely lost in the moment. I felt his lips move against mine, my hair standing where ever his hands made contact with my skin. My brain was bombarded with a multitude of different thoughts, yet none of them made any sense to me.

I already knew that I was going to regret doing this. That there was no way that any of this could end well.

Yet, I was unable to stop myself.

I moved my lips against his, my hands immediately running through his hair and grabbing a fistful of his hair, tugging it in pleasure. His tongue grazed at my bottom lip, asking for entrance.

How was I going to continue seeing him in school after all this is over?

I parted my lips, a low groan escaping my lips as Troye french kissed me.

There was so much passion in this kiss, my heart felt like it was going to burst. It was all too much to handle for someone as confused as I am, unsure of what's the right thing to do. Do I tell him? Do I hide it from him so we could live the rest of high school as lovers?

I was utterly lost.

But I knew it was unfair for him. I had dragged him into this twisted mess that he is completely oblivious to.