Chapter 8

Levy's P.O.V

I woke up and found Gajeel at the foot of the bed.

"Why does it feel something is scratching me?" I whispered lifting the covers.

"Meeeow!!" Patherfish purred scratching my arm.

"Are you hungry boy?" I petted his head.

I went out for a walk near the beach. The beach where Gajeel and I became human. I kicked out off my shoes making my way into the salty water. In no time I caught a fish and threw it to Pantherfish. I buried my wet feet in the sand and watched as he nipped on it.

Out in the distance of the sea was a small boat. It was hard to make out the people on it but by the looks of it the boat was sinking. I ran to the boat. On the deck I could see Gray and Lisanna.

"Gray-sama!" Called out Juvia. I dived in the water. My eyes widen as I realized I was drowning and I flared my arms and my legs but I kept going down. I could see the sun as I tried to call out for help. Suddenly arms wrapped around me and I could feel the thumping of the tail. A mermaid tail. The scales brushed against my legs.

I gasped letting air full my lungs, "Juvia! Thank you!" She smiled helping my onto the ship.

"Gray!" I called out to him.

"Levy I'm right here!" He replied surprisingly calm.

"Follow me! Lisanna is this way!" I ran with him.

"Where is she?" I looked around.

"Right in that room" He pointed as I entered.

"Good Luck...Levy.." He laughed walking away.

"GRAY!!!!" I banged on the locked door. He looked at me with red eyes and an evil grin.

Gajeel's P.O.V

I woke up seeing no signs of Shrimp. I headed out to see if she was at the beach.

"Patherfish?" I went up to the cat. He tugged at the foot of my jeans and started walking. I titled my head and followed the black cat.

He lead me to the deck where I saw a sinking ship.

"Levy!!!" I shouted.

"She must be in the ship!!" Juvia yelled. Without thinking I jumped into the water and swam into the boat. Door after door I could find no signs of her.

The last door had chains and I tried ripping them off. Breaking down the door I found Levy unconscious.

"Levy!!" I lied her down on the deck. Her face was pale as I checked her pulse. My heart raced faster.

There was no pulse.