» reasons

"I just realized something." I jumped out of my seat as if my brain had sparked up some hidden underlying message of life that I had overlooked.

"Hm?" She muffled underneath the blankets as her head peeked out. The glow of her laptop screen shined upon her face. "Sorry, I was tending to the love of my life...Netflix."

"We meet every single person in our lives for a reason."

"True," she moved her hand slowly out of the popcorn bowl.

"They are either a blessing or a lesson."

She was silent as her eyes shifted from the screen to me. "What?"

"They are either a blessing or a lesson. We don't just meet someone without meanings to those vital seconds. Each person tells us a little something about the world because they had come from another point of the planet. No one is born raised the same exact way. Even twins have little different perspectives and experiences. And with those sets of perceptions, we are influenced in the most amazing ways or the most harmful. We either appreciate what the person has to offer to our lives or see them as this marvelous blessing that the heavens bestowed on us. And sometimes, the person might hurt us and close our hearts to certain pains. Even though during the present, it might seem like they're awful human beings; in the future, they are a true lesson in our lives. They taught us to stay away from the same pains and to experience the pains. I mean think of it this way, the next time around someone breaks your heart, you know that pain. And you know how to save yourself from crumbling to the ground. You're healing faster."

"What am I to you? A blessing or a lesson?"

"A lesson," I smirked.

   "What? Why?"

"I've learned to never give my Netflix password to people."

"Hey!" She threw popcorn at me.

"Or to cook popcorn for them."

"You suck." She glared at me.

"Or to continue letting them stay in my house as they insult me."

She started laughing genuinely and the glare broke off her face. She jumped on me and cooed, "Aw but you love me."

"No, not really." I pushed her off with a smile on my face.