Detention with Snape

Começar do início

Severus reminisces the time when he thought was his last after he gave Harry Potter his memory. But he was wrong, seconds after the Potter boy had left, Martin Caldwell arrived. Severus thought that he would not see Martin anymore. Martin was and still the only one he considered his true friend. He was there whenever Severus needs him. He never doubted his side, even after he “killed” Dumbledore, though he must say that he received good hexes from Martin when he joined the death eaters, but that was all. After he saw his repentance, Martin believed him, though it took Martin almost three years to regain his trust.

These explain the sudden outburst of Severus moments ago. He would never do such thing to his friend. The book was given to him as a gift. It was the first ever copy of his book and Martin trusted and has a high regards for Severus for him to be his consultant. In return he considered him his brother, his family.

Alexandra’s Point of View

Friday evening… It is dreadful just thinking about my detention with Snape. How can he forgive me now? After what had occurred last night….. Oh well I need to face the consequences of my actions.

“Enter.” I heard the familiar cold tone as I was about to knock in his office.

Professor Snape is reading something when I entered his office; the atmosphere in here is so much colder than usual. I opened my mouth to say something, “You are to clean the caldrons with that,” he said pointing at a……. My jaw dropped…. I am to clean the caldrons with a toothbrush?

Well, I deserved this. I started scrubbing a cauldron but it seemed forever to even scrap a dried potion in an inch.

 “How did you know Martin Caldwell?” I jumped by the sudden question of my professor.

The least I could do is answer him honestly after what I have done. “He saved me when I was little, when no one else could. I loved him and I still do.” I said in a low sad voice. My eyes started watering… when Snape turned to leave.

 Flashes of memory came….No!

"I will be back. Do. not. skip. detention." he said with his usual cold rude tone.

 I need to focus on my task, I’ve had enough of my past hunting me back.

It’s already 30 minutes after he left. Maybe I should leave too. I really am tired and thirsty. I felt my eye change color and my canine slowly changing to fangs. It’s only a matter of time before I loose control and it’s not even full moon. I need to get out of the castle fast. Panicking… I remembered…

Inhale… Exhale… Breathe in…. Breathe out…. I remembered Martin’s word to calm me down.

I walked to the door, only to be face to face with the last person I wanted to see. I immediately turn around to hide my vampire look. Luckily for me, my hair color isn't changing yet.

"I'm sorry I thought you won’t come back." I said as I go back to cleaning cauldrons. I let my long black hair curtain my face.

"What's the matter?"

"Nothing Professor." I said not looking up.

"Face me when I'm talking to you!" he said dangerously.

I drew a deep breath. Calming myself. Then I felt his cold fingertips lift my face. My eyes widened. I haven't notice him walk closer. The Heck.

I unconsciously looked at his cold black eyes to look at my reflection. I was shocked to see my eyes. Yes Eyes with the S, bloody red. I need to escape. I am turning into my true vampire form. If that happens, lives would be in danger.

I need to get out of this castle before I hurt or worse kill someone.

"You insolent child!" Snape growled. "Why didn't you tell me you're thirsty!?! Even though I am angry at you, I cannot set aside my responsibilities.” He glared at me.

I was at lost with his words. My responsibilities… I am his responsibility? I dreaded that words… I don’t need anyone! For years I have been independent….

When I came back from my thought he is in his white shirt staring at me a vial in his right hand. “Well?!" I flinched.

"You're thirsty aren't you?!"

That’s it! I’ve had enough…. “I don’t need any help! I am not your responsibility! I can manage on my own. From that moment I had managed on my own!” I sprinted out of his office, before I know it, I am in the Shrieking Shack… At least with me here, everyone else is sa…..fe….

“What are you doing here? Wanna die?” I asked bearing my fangs unconsciously.

Noo... I should fight this... I don’t want to hurt anyone. I might even drink too much blood leaving him dead because of my selfish thirst. I thought. It’s enough he helped me once.  “I am no responsibility of yours, so you can leave, before you regret it.”

"Unbelievably stubborn.” He mumbled and sighed.  “I was a former death eater and spy, you also have already drunk from me and I am still alive, you should do more than that to kill me.Then, think of this as  a favor and in return I need some answers." he said coolly.

Before I can think of a retort to argue I found myself nodding. He sat at the edge of a table, so I can reach him. I stepped forward closing the gap between us. I gulped as I place one hand behind his neck the other at his back. I lunged my fangs at the side of his neck and began to suck his blood.

Merlin, his scent makes me feel so intoxicating that I’m breathless, then his blood makes me go crazy in ecstasy, it’s really sweet.

I heard him gulp. I stopped drinking concerned if I went too far and drank too much, he pulled me closer "Just drink. I'm fine." he whispered slightly breathless.

I continued to drink until I'm satisfied. I felt myself return to normal as I hear him gulp again. My hands travelled gently in his chest as I look at him into his eyes still staring at me.

 Then it hit me… Legiliments…