Harry gasped. "Me? That means-" He took a step back and let go of Severus. "That means that I have to be destroyed." He gulped. "Killed?"

He nodded. He had no idea how he knew. Apparently all that time spent in the library had done his knowledge a world of good. "And Voldemort has to do it. Your mother was a wreck when Dumbledore told us. The combination of your nightmares, which Voldemort was using to try and weaken you, and the fact that you can talk to snakes, makes it all fit."

"Well, why don't I just march up there right now? He could kill me and it would all be over."

Severus stared at him. "You would willingly do that? You would go up to Voldemort and not lift a wand to defend yourself. You would let him kill you?"

Harry was trying to blink back the tears that had formed in his eyes. "If it will make him be gone for good, yes. I think I would."

He pulled him back into his arms and held him there for a moment. He released him a few seconds later, tears in his eyes. "We need to get that diary first."

Harry nodded and pretended not to notice. "But how?"

Severus smiled. "Leave that part to me." He motioned for Harry to follow him. He did so without hesitation.

They walked quietly up the stairs. Harry pointed the diary out to Severus. He studied it carefully. It was well protected. That was further proof that the diary was a Horcrux. He couldn't understand why Voldemort would leave it there unprotected though. It didn't make sense. Of course, he probably hadn't planned on having this much company. Severus pulled out his wand. He chanted something, under his breath, and in just a few seconds, the force field around the diary faltered. It fell to the floor. Severus hurriedly picked it up, and gave it to Harry.

"Take this to Dumbledore."

"Dumbledore?"

"Yes. He's waiting just outside this room. I didn't come alone, Harry. Like I said, the Order is here. Now go."

Harry cocked his head to the side. "But where are you going to go?"

Severus smiled. "I'm going to go make sure your mother doesn't get herself killed."

Harry tucked the diary away, under the flap of his jacket, and headed out the door. He didn't have to go very far to find the person he was looking for, but when he stepped out of the shadows, it wasn't Dumbledore at all. It was Snape. Harry frowned.

"But I just- What's going on here?"

Dumbledore smiled. "There are six Severus look alikes here. I am one of them."

He sighed. All of this was making his head hurt. "But why?"

"We're planning on taking Voldemort down. Once and for all. Tonight. The Order is here. We all came to make the exchange."

"Severus said that my mother was here. Where is she?"

"She's facing Voldemort."

"What?"

"Don't worry, Harry. She is one of the look-a-likes. He won't know what hit him."

"She won't be able to kill him. I can't even kill him. I have to let him kill me."

Dumbledore raised his eyebrow. "Did Severus tell you that?" He was surprised he would have. Alaina wouldn't like it.

Harry nodded. "I'm ready. I want to do it."

"Are you sure?"

"I couldn't save Ginny. I want to save everyone else. If Voldemort is dead, he can't hurt anyone else," he said valiantly.