-

I got a home down on the river I’m married to the woman of my dreams Got a good truck that gets me down the highway’ played through the speakers of the truck, as you and Scotty road down the street. The sun was at it’s highest point in the sky by now, and a soft breeze came into the window. “(yourname)” Scotty’s voice brought you out of your day dreams. Turning towards him, you spotted that serious look on his face ‘uh oh’ you thought “yeah?” you asked, not trying to sound too worried. He looked at you, then to the road, back to you, then back to the road “be completely honest with me, okay?” he asked, you nodded, “are you weirded out by us, ya know, being together?” he asked. You took a moment to think this through “in some way yes” you began to say, but saw he was gonna cut you off, so quickly you covered his mouth “hold on, let me finish” you said slowly removing your hand from his mouth “its only weird because im used to calling you my best friend, but now your more than that, and trust me, i couldnt be any happier” you said simply. Scotty’s smile grew widely, as he pulled up by the curb by your house “well i’m glad i can finally call you mine” he whispered, as he leaned in and kissed you on the cheek. “me too” you said while unbuckling your seat belt and climbing out of the truck. “alright, i’ll see you later, I’m going to meet up with the boys for a bit” Scotty said “alright see you later” you said, as you turned around and headed for the house. 

Just as you were about to open your front door, Scotty beeped the trucks horn, you turned around and watched as he waved out the trucks window and drove down the street.

Scotty’s POV

He put on his turn signal, as he pulled into the driveway. James was already outside, sitting in one of the chairs resting on the porch. He got up and met Scotty half way on the sidewalk “hey brotha, how ya doing?” Scotty asked, as they gave each other a quick hug and pulled away “nothing, man, i’m good, i’m good, so what’d ya want to talk about?” James asked, as they both began to walk down the street. “well it’s about (yourname)” Scotty said while shoving his hands into his pockets.”man, how many times do we gotta tell you, just go for it!” James said, as he lightly pushed Scotty “haha, no man, it’s not about that, well, okay i guess it’s some what like that” Scotty said as he shrugged his shoulders “then what is it man?” James said, as he kicked a rock, as they turned the corner. Scotty took a deep breath, “i told her how i felt” Scotty quickly said. James stopped walking then, he grabbed a hold of Scotty’s shoulder to stop him to “dude, you did? When?” James asked, in the excited tone of a 13 year old girl, “yesterday” Scotty simply said, with a smile “well what did she say?” “that she liked me too” “are you two together now? Or is she still going with that whole ‘don’t want the fans all going crazy’ thing?” James asked “what do you think man?” Scotty asked as he lightly hit James’ arm with the back of his hand “you two are together?” James asked, Scotty just nodded “finally!” James yelled practically at the top of his lungs “man calm down!” Scotty said, laughing as they once again were in front of James’ house. “okay, sorry, bro” James said, shrugging his shoulders “it’s cool, now i gotta go, later brotha” Scotty said walking back over to his truck and climbing. “alright, later” James said, as he was dancing of happiness up his front steps “man stop it! you’re acting like a 15 year old girl!” scotty called from his truck “how could i possibly be doing that” James said in the girlyest tone of voice he could manage, Scotty just laughed as he started up the truck “oh! James you can’t tell Kyle and Chris just yet, okay? Keep it to yourself!” Scotty called “oh come on man!” James said while stomping his foot “okay make that a 12 year old girl, remember man no telling!” Scotty said, as he finally backed out of the driveway and drove down the street.

“Scotty!” he could hear being called from the kitchen “yeah mom?” he asked, eyes still focused on the screen “can you please take out the trash?” Mrs. McCreery said sticking her head out into the living room, with a slight groan, Scotty got up out of his chair and headed for the kitchen “alright, well after that can i visit (yourname) for a bit? I still gotta tell her about us being gone for a few days” Scotty said as he headed for the trash can “yeah thats fine, but not too late, your plane leaves in a few hours” Judy said, as she pulled a water bottle out of the fridge “alright thanks” Scotty said as he lifts up the garbage bag and began to tie it.

Looking out the window for a moment, he spotted the shadow, of his girlfriend sitting on her back porch, a smile instantly raced onto his lips. He tied the bag faster, and dragged it out of the kitchen, and onto the back porch.

But before he was even at the top of his stairs, (yourname) was already heading inside “well looks like i’ll have to knock” he quietly said as he walked down the steps and placed the garbage bag in the garbage can.

Then before he even realized it, he was running towards (yourname)’s front porch.

Knocking on the door, he waited a moment and soon enough Mrs. (lastname) answered. “oh Scotty, (yourname) is up in her room” she said stepping aside, “thank you” Scotty said, as he walked into the house and ran up the stairs.

With quick strides, Scotty walked down the familiar hallway, and soon enough was in front of the deep brown wooden door. He raised his fist and knocked on it a few times. “come in” he could hear the sweet voice call from the inside, he opened the door and leaned against the door frame.

Inside the room, the lighting was dimmed as the young girl laid there in her bed, cuddled up in her blankets, with her phone in her hand. She looked up and her eyes lit up once she saw Scotty’s face.

Your POV

“Scotty, what are you doing here?” you asked, slightly confused “what, cant i come see my beautiful girlfriend?” he asked, still leaning up against the door frame “no, of course” you said patting your bed for him to come over, he nodded his head and then walked into the room, and laid down next to you on the bed. Then it was silent.

“well there is something i gotta tell you” he finally said after sometime “okay?” you asked, as worry filled your body “i’m leaving for a few days” he said softly “oh” you breathed out “when?” you finished “my flight leaves tonight” he said, while looking into your eyes. “oh” was all you could say, as you looked away from him and out your window “hey, hey, hey, look at him” he said softly.

Slowly, you turned to face him, you watched as he caught the tear that just slipped over the brim of your eye. “listen, it wont be long, only 8 days, then i’ll be back for a bit, it;ll be okay” “promise?” you asked “promise” he said, leaning in and kissing you on the forehead. This sent a strange feeling through your body, but yet it made you smile.

Scotty’s eyes drifted from your eyes to your lips, then back to your eyes, then back to your lips as he began to lean in. Soon your lips met, the kiss was soft and gentle, but none the less perfect.

It was a few seconds before he  pulled away, and then he wrapped his arm around you and pulled you close to him, carefully you rested your head on his chest, as he leaned his head on yours. “i’ll lay here with you until you fall asleep, if you want?” he asked “that sounds perfect” you softly said, this made him quietly laugh, and you couldnt help but smile.

Soon enough you fell asleep to the sound of Scotty softly humming his coronation song, I Love you this big.