“do you mind if i turn on the radio?” you asked, after a few minutes of silence “no, go ahead” Scotty said, keeping most of his attention on the road. Leaning forward, you turned the radio on and cranked the speakers up, as Brad Paisley’s She’s Everything flowed through them. “and she’s everything i ever wanted, and everything i need” Scotty began to sing as he would sneak little glances towards you. Catching these little moves, you began to slightly blush. All of a sudden Scotty started to belt out the lyrics, you swear everyone in the town could hear him. “Scotty what are you doing?” you asked, looking up at him, while forcing a fit of laughter to stay down, Scotty didnt say anything as he winked at you, then continued belting out the lyrics.

-

You smiled, as that familiar yellow oval with the red letters appeared in the distance. “you and your Bojangles” you jokingly said, as Scotty pulled into the parking lot “hey, it’s Bo time” Scotty said, with a quiet laugh as he parked in the nearest parking space. 

Soon enough you two were out of the car and were walking into the entrance. 

“hey look it, it’s our American Idol” one of the Bojangles cashiers said, with a broad smile on her face “thank ya” Scotty laughed, as he walked up to her, he then turned to you “here i’ll get our food, how about you go and find a seat?” he asked, smiling down at you “okay” you said, as you began to walk away, but Scotty grabbed onto your hand and pulled you back. Turning around and confused expression played on your face, but one you saw Scotty begin to lean down, it went away. His lips gently brushed against your cheek, then he let go of your hand and turned around to order.

You began to walk away quickly, as your cheeks were beat red “i need to get used to that” you whispered as you took a seat in one of the booths. Pulling out your phone from you back pocket you went to your twitter app and began to scroll through the tweets, you skimmed through each tweet, but found no interest at any of them, but then you saw a tweet that had caught your attention. 

‘It’s Bo time!’

Of course, it was tweeted by Scotty, then you looked at the time it was sent. You laughed, realizing it was sent an hour before you even woke up. “what’s so funny?” you heard Scotty’s familiar’s voice say, as he set the tray down. “oh just about what you tweeted” you said, showing him the tweet “how’s that funny?” he asked, with an amused smile on his face “well, either you went to Bojangles twice today, or you just expected me to say yes to your invitation” you said, biting your lip for a moment, then putting your phone to sleep and placing it back in your pocket. “well you’ll never know” he said, winking at you as he handed you your food “whatever you say, McCreery” you said taking the food and nibbling on bits and pieces of it. 

It was silent between you two at first. The only form of communication was the little looks you gave each other every so often.  

Lifting the straw of your cup of tea to your lips, you took a sip, but instantly pulled it away as you began to choke on the drink. A fit of coughs came out of you, your face was turning red, and when you looked towards Scotty his eyes were wide “are you okay?” you asked, worried, you just nodded your head as the coughs continued to pour out. Before you knew it, Scotty climbed out of his sea and began to pat your back, in hopes of helping you. 

“i’m okay” you finally spit out, he stopped patting your back, and rubbed it for a minute, as he took a seat next to you, making sure you werent gonna go into another fit. “are you sure your okay?” he asked once more “yeah im fine” you said, with a simple, yet sweet smile “alright good, can’t have my girlfriend dying on me!” he said getting up and sitting back in his seat. “haha, well dont worry, i think you saved me” you said with a soft laugh “i guess you could say im your hero” he said, placing another fry in his mouth “well i guess so” you said “that means you owe me” he jokingly said “like what?” you said, pushing your empty box away from you “i’ll think of something” he said getting up and picking up the empty tray. Climbing out of the booth, you got up and followed behind him, as he took care of the garbage and then left the restaurant.