nine

'Nico!'
I scream and jump towards him, punching the gun out of his hands, so the bullet gets shot into Nicos wall instead of his head.
He looks at me surprised and with tons of other feelings I'm not sure about.
He sits in front of me in shock, his eyes widen, apparently not able to move or to talk.
Since I don't know what else to do I pull him in a hug and after a while his body his starting to shake as he cries.

We sit on his floor without saying a word for a while, until I start to talk, Nico still half in my lap, silently crying.
'Don't ever do this again, okay?'

He doesn't respond, but I didn't expected this anyway.

'Did you - you don't have to answer - did you hurt yourself?'
'Why would I do this? I just wanted the pain to stop. Everything to stop.'
Nicos voice isn't more than a silent mumble, but since he's so close I can understand every word.
His body starts to shake more violently and I pull him a little bit closer.
'But why do you want to end everything?'
'Why not?'
'Because of all the beautiful things you would miss.'
'What beautiful things?'
'All the things that could happen, every happy second, every possible life you could live, the millions of chances you'll see one day.'
'These stories are lies.'
'Promise to never do this again, and I promise you to show you millions of beautiful things. Just don't leave yourself and this world like this. There is so much more than pain you can see and it would be a pity if you would miss just a second of this.'

This is the end, thanks for reading.
I hope you liked this fanfiction, but even if not, please tell me about your opinion and how I could improve, thank you.

(By the way 'our little group has always been and always will until the end' is a line from the lyrics from 'smells like teenspirit' by nirvana and 'It's better to burn out than to fade away' is a line from the song 'my my, hey hey' by neil young, wich was quoted by kurt cobain in his suicide letter)