Lo // Harlow

I hate thinking about the past. All of those memories with my mom and dad, then the ones with Joe and Caspar. They all just balance out with the bad memories of Luke and Loss. For every good thing that happens to me there's a bad one to follow.

    As I sit here, cross legged, looking out onto the street while sitting on Joe's bed, I'm realizing this. Maybe if I nothing good happens to me, then nothing bad will either. It will be neutral. Just a simple, tragedy-free life.

"Lo? Do you mind if Oli comes over?" Caspar asks as he trots down the stairs. That nickname, I hate it.

"I don't mind," I mumble, sinking deeper into the sheets of Joe's bed. They're starting to lose his scent...

    Caspar's way of recovering is to distract himself with other things. It's quite the opposite of my method, since I just soak in my sorrow until I fall asleep. I can't help but think that It's my fault for everything that's happened. Wouldn't you?

    I mean, the entire media is focused on Joe's disappearance. His fans are going crazy and trying to find him themselves, Zoe is getting panic attacks way more often then she used to, Alfie is extremely worried about her, Oli is spending his days trying to think of possible places Joe could be, Marcus and Niomi are trying to think positive, Caspar is trying to work away everything, and I, being the one to already go through this, am just watching it all happen. I can't even do anything to help it either!

DING

     The doorbell breaks my deep thinking and I let a a sigh. I have to figure something out, before someone else gets hurt.

"Lo? Can you get that please?" Caspar calls. The nickname again.

"Yeah!" I reply, dragging myself from Joe's bed and jogging up the stairs.

    I quickly check the video monitor to make sure it's Oli before opening the door.

"Oi!" Oli cheers greeting me. Both Oli and I don't know each other that well, but I can tell he's a great friend.

"How are you?" I smile and he pulls me into a giant bear hug.

"I'm doing pretty well. How are you?" He asks and I can hear the concern in his voice.

"Better," I lie, tugging at the hem of my t-shirt. He gives me a friendly smile before greeting Caspar once he makes it upstairs.

"What's up, bro?" Caspar chuckles, giving him a fist bump.

"You know, just the usual stuff. You guys sure looks like you've been having the time of your life," Oli jokes, only resulting in an awkward laugh from Caspar.

"Well, I'll leave you guys to whatever you want to do," I say, making my way towards the stairs.

"No! We were gonna watch a film with popcorn and stuff! We'll let you choose," Caspar smiles and I nod my head.

"Fine, but I hate making decisions, so I'm not choosing," I point out, running over to the couch and plopping down.

"Let's watch a funny film then, I think we all need a good laugh," Oli suggests. Ya think?

    30 minutes into the movie and I already want to break down into tears. Luckily, Caspar and Oli are crying of laughter, which makes it easy to disguise them. Just smile through the tears.

    We decided to watch SpongeBob the Movie. It's the old one, so Joe isn't doing any of the voiceovers, but it still makes me think of him. He loved all of those quirky opportunities he got through YouTube, and now he can't get any. I sniffle and Caspar looks over at me.