Dates // Harlow

I don't really care for hospitals. Doctors only present people with false hope and fake smiles. For example, when my parents and I got into a car accident, we were all rushed to the hospital. I was lucky and only suffered a minor concussion and bruised rib, my parents had the opposite of luck. Doctors told me that they would return from surgery in 2 hours at the most, instead, they never returned.

And that's why I don't trust a single soul in this hospital. I know they are trying to help, but I can't be bothered by them.

So when they doctors said it was in my best interest to stay over night, I immediately refused. Joe was very upset over my decision, he said I was being careless. Joe just doesn't understand.

"You should have stayed." Joe says looking at me as we walk to his car.

"I don't like hospitals." I reply simply.

"That's no reason to put yourself in danger." Joe almost gasps and I roll my eyes.

"Just drive." I mumble once he gets into the car.

"You're doing it again."

"Doing what?"

"You're shutting me out."

"Only to protect you."

"From?"

I look over at Joe to make sure he sees me roll my eyes. We've had this conversation before, and he's not going to find out who Luke is. Especially since I have to leave soon.

"If you tell me I can help." Joe says.

"No you can't." I almost laugh.

"You're so difficult." Joe chuckles rolling down his window. I'm going to miss him. Technically Luke hasn't contacted me... So that means he hasn't found me yet...

"I'm actually am sorry though, for being a bïtch." I apologize.

"Apology accepted." Joe smiles pulling into our apartments.

Joe helps me out of the car and walks me to the door.

"Harlow!" Caspar screams as soon as the door opens.

"Caspar!" I scream back letting him squeeze me tightly.

"I thought you were dead!" Caspar laughs.

"Nope! I'm mighty fine!" I squeal back trying to match his excitement.

"No, the doctors said that Harlow needs rest! Get on the couch missy!" Joe remarks closing the door behind us.

"Ok, mom." I giggle and sit down on the couch.

"Let's play Fifa!" Caspar says jumping down next to me.

"Not aloud! The doctor said that she can't do anything that causes stress. We all know how competitive this little one gets." Joe says pointing to me.

"Your such a party pooper." I pout crossing my arms.

"And a responsible adult." Joe laughs sitting down on the other side of me.

"So what can we do?" I ask leaning my head on his shoulder. Harlow stop! A voice screams in my head and I sit up straight once again.

"How about we watch Marcus Butler." Caspar suggests making both me and Joe laugh.

"How about we just watch YouTube videos in general." I reply kicking my feet up onto the coffee table.

"Deal." Caspar says in a funny voice and we begin our "YouTube Marathon".

Halfway into a hilarious 'Narcus' video, Caspar's phone dies breaking the Bluetooth connection between the TV (I know that this is normally powered by an Xbox but just go with it xD)

"NO! SOMEONE CONNECT THEIR PHONE!" Caspar screams... He's really attached to YoutTube... Joe shrugs since he doesn't have his phone on him causing me to connect my phone to the TV and pull up the video.

The video almost comes to a close when a notification pops up onto the screen of my phone, which also shows up on the TV. It's a text from a number I don't have in my phone. All that can be read is
"London, really? I should have known. I'm coming for you..."

I gulp down my panic as I quickly slide it up, hoping that neither Joe or Caspar noticed. I look to Caspar who clearly was to involved in the video to even see a notification and then I turn to Joe, who obviously noticed. His expression is most definitely confused, and he seems to sense my panicky vibes because his expression becomes sad.

"I'm borrowing Lo for a second." Joe states pulling me from the couch. Caspar, again, doesn't even seem to notice because he's so wrapped up in the video. Joe then drags me downstairs and into his room.

"That was him, wasn't it." Joe says in a concerned manor. I just nod my head, afraid that if I speak, my voice may crack.

"Can I read the whole message?" Joe asks and I look down at it. Not even I have read it. I open my messages and we both read it silently.

"London, really? I should have known. I'm coming for you and bring you back home. You need to stop with these games, I'm getting tired of them. See you in two days!
Xo, Lukey"

I immediately cringe at his use of "Lukey". We used to call each other by nicknames when we actually had a connection. That connection is no loner existent in my mind.

"Joe. I'm sorry." I mumble realizing the reality of the situation.

"Don't be. We'll figure something out." Joe replies with hope.

"No Joe. The only something to figure out is if I leave tonight or tomorrow." I whisper refusing to looks at him.

"What! No Harlow! Don't leave, by doing that, you're letting him win." Joe gasps pulling me into a hug.

"That's the thing. Luke always wins." I respond coldly, trying not to sob into Joe's shoulder.

"Please don't leave." Joe whispers hugging me even tighter.

"I wish I didn't have to." I whisper back, moving my hands up and down his back.

"I won't let you leave." Joe says simply as he pulls away from our embrace.

"Joe." I sigh sniffling.

"Just, let me take you out at least once." Joe remarks as if he has an idea...

"Why?" I reply.

"Because we never got to go out alone. It will be quick, just for tonight." Joe says quickly.

"But I'm supposed to be resting." I let out a pathetic laugh.

"Please." Joe says desperately. How can I refuse that face?

"Just for a few hours!" I mumble.

"Clubbing, we're going clubbing. So wear something decent." Joe replies pushing me out of the room and shutting the door. Why is he in such a rush? And why would clubbing be his first idea of a "date"... Or is this even a date.