Chapter 15

Rossi's POV
I paced back and forth in the waiting room. We had been sitting here for two hours now, and there was no word, other than Rose had been rushed into surgery. Garcia walked in, she had been crying. "How...how is she?" We all looked up at her. "We're not sure yet," Hotch started, "she's still in surgery." Derek walked over to Garcia and wrapped his arms around her. I went and sat back down beside Aaron. He just put his hand on my shoulder as I put my head in my hands.

Rose's POV
"Rose....Rose honey, wake up." I tried to wake up, but I couldn't. I kept hearing a voice calling my name. I opened my eyes and I was standing in a room. Doctors were working on a patient. Strange...I thought they were supposed to be working on me. I looked closer at the patient and...it was me. "Rose." I heard it again. I turned around and I gasped. "Mom?" My mother...she was standing right behind me.

"Hello, sweet girl." I stared at her, wide eyed. "How...how are you here? Am I dead? What's going on?" I started crying and she wrapped her arms around me. "Shh. Sweetheart, it's okay. You're in between life and death. The doctors are working hard on you over there." I looked up at her, "I don't understand...". She took my hand. "Come with me, I want to show you something." She and I walked down the hall and into the waiting room.

The entire team was waiting there. Hotch was comforting Uncle Rossi, Derek was holding Penelope while she cried quietly, and JJ was next to Reid...my eyes lingered on Reid. "You feel strongly for him, don't you." I remembered that my mother was next to me. I looked at her and nodded. "I do...I think I love him." She smiled, "Well it's a good thing. He's got it bad for you, love." I chuckled. "I'm guessing he can't see me? Or hear me?" She shook her head.

"Sweet girl, I brought you here to show you that this is your family now. Even though I'm not with you physically, I'm always watching over you." I turned around to her. "You mean...I can't stay with you? I don't want you to go..." She hugged me. "You have much left here to do. Things you can't do in heaven with me, child. I promise you that I will always be here with you. Tell my brother I love him. And never forget, love is a powerful thing. I love you, sweet girl. Now go. Go back to the ones who need you so desperately. I'm always with you." And with that, she was gone.

Reid's POV
I don't know how long it had been, but I couldn't take it anymore. I started sobbing into JJ's shoulder. "Shh...Spence...it'll be okay. She's a strong girl..." A nurse came into the room. "Rosaline Rossi?" We all stood up. Rossi walked over to her. "She made it." A huge sigh of relief escaped my lips and I fell to my knees. She was okay. "She flatlined three times. We didn't think we were going to get her back the last time, but you have a fighter on your hands." We all smiled. "You may go see her now, but she isn't awake yet." We all walked down the hallway and into her room.