Chapter 8

Reid's POV

"Hey, kid. You okay?" Morgan said, walking up to me. "Yeah, just worried about Rose. She-." I was cut off by her scream. We all ran up. JJ was holding Rose as she cried. We looked around and on her wall was a message from the UnSub, written in blood. You're next, sweet Rosaline. No...he couldn't hurt her...who would want to actually hurt her or her mother? Whoever it was, they were going to pay.

Rose's POV

JJ finished packing my things for me, when the crime scene investigating team arrived, along with the press and everyone else in the stupid neighborhood. I stood at the window, careful not to open it too much. "Hey..." I heard someone say softly. It was Reid. I half smiled at him, and turned back to the window. "JJ is going to distract them and Morgan and I are going to get you into one of the SUVs so they won't bother you." I looked up at him. "Thank you," I managed to get out. He smiled and it seemed like he was going to say something else when Morgan walked up.

"Hey Rose. Reid. Y'all ready?" I nodded and JJ walked out of the front door and everyone swarmed around her. I was sure glad it wasn't me. Morgan stood in front of me, Reid behind me. They got me into the backseat and put my things in the trunk. Reid got into the backseat with me and Uncle Rossi climbed into the front with Morgan. He reached his hand around from the passenger seat and grabbed my hand. He was it. The last bit of family I had. I leaned forward and rested my head on the back of his seat.

We arrived at the police department and they got me inside. I got looks ranging from pity to concern. Everyone here knew me. They also knew my mother. Chief Perkins came up to me and hugged me. He was kind of like a mentor. I had been coming to the station since I was a little girl. "We won't rest until we find him. I have all of my men on this." He said to me and the rest of the team. "Thank you," Uncle Rossi said, shaking his hand.

"Where can we get set up?" Hotch asks, walking in with JJ and Blake. "Right over here, sir." A young deputy says, walking us to a big room in the back. "Morgan, JJ, I want you to go back to the house. Look over it again, make sure we didn't miss anything." Hotch said. I spoke up. "Um...Agent Hotchner?" I said quietly. Everyone immediately turned their attention to me. I kind of hated that. "Can I go with them? I know the house better than they do and would be able to tell them if anything is out of place." I muttered.

His face was full of concern, but I could see him seriously contemplating it. "I don't think it's a good idea for her to go back there," Reid said, looking worried. I smiled internally. He was sweet, being so worried about me. "I appreciate that, Reid, but I'd much rather go there than have to sit here and see pictures of my mother all over that board and listen to you all talk about her." A look of realization crossed their faces. "Of course," Hotch replied. "JJ, Morgan, take Rose with you back to the house. Make it as quick as possible."