Chapter 9

EDITED & A/N: GUYS. I am SO sorry! I uploaded (what I thought was) chapter 9 yesterday as I was doing a paper for my psychology course, and uploaded the wrong one. I'M SORRY! So, if you were confused, here's the real chapter 9! Also following will be chapter's 10 and 11 because I feel bad, and you've already read chapter 10, technically. Enjoy! Xx

Rose's POV

"Rose, if you get uncomfortable at any point, just let us know." JJ smiled at me sweetly and I nodded. I started in the kitchen, looking around at the usual baby blue walls and white counters. Nothing seemed to be out of place there. I walked into the living room and looked around. There was a footprint over by the window. "JJ?" I called out. She came over to me quickly. "Did anyone see this footprint over here?" She gave me a look and called Hotch. "He said no one reported it. I'll take a picture and send it to Garcia. Maybe she can get a match." I looked at it closer. "It has to be a male. The size isn't average for a woman. And it looks like blood has made the print." She looked at me with a questioning look. "I study criminology," I stated blankly.

This is one of my "special" talents, if you will. I can, over time, choose to shut off my emotions, so to speak. Become numb. Look at only the facts and block everything else out. "You okay, kid?" I heard Morgan ask as he came up behind me. "Yeah, I'm good. I'm gonna keep looking for other stuff." He and JJ exchanged a look, but I ignored it. I went into the bathroom. Nothing weird there.

I went into my room. I tried not to look at the writing that was on my wall. I looked on my bed. The comforter was messed up. He had sat on my bed. I shivered. I couldn't see anything visibly off, but something was bothering me. I noticed I had left my laptop when I was packing. I sat down and opened it up. A video popped up. That was strange, I only used it for school related things. I never made or watched videos on it.

I called JJ and Morgan up to see what it was. "Go ahead and play it." Morgan said, watching the screen. I clicked play and a masked face popped up. I drew in a sharp breath. "My sweet Rosaline," the voice began. "How lovely. You've found my message. I had so much fun making it. You know, I had almost as much fun making this video as I did killing your sweet, yet stupid, mother. I know your little FBI friends have you with them, but don't worry. I still have my ways of getting to you, and believe me when I do..." He went off into a fit of evil laughter. I was crying silently. JJ rested a hand on my shoulder, squeezing harder than necessary. "It seems that I have to go now. Don't fret. I'll be back for you." And with that, the video ended.

I stared silently at the screen, unaware that the tears were still falling. Morgan was muttering explicit things as JJ looked at me. "We have to get this back to the team...Rose...are you okay?" I nodded, ever so slightly, and stood up, but as soon as I did, my knees gave way. Morgan caught me as I convulsed in tears. He picked me up bridal style and carried me downstairs. "We are not gonna let anything happen to you. Do you understand me?" He looked me in the eyes. I nodded and stood up, still holding onto his arm.

We went back to the station with the video and dropped my laptop off at the lab. Garcia would be able to pull the video off of it without the actual laptop anyway. We walked into the office and I was still holding onto Derek. I must have looked worse than I felt because Reid immediately walked over to us. "What happened? Rose? What's wrong? Derek, what happened?" "I'm fine, Spence. I just...there was a video. He...he left it on my laptop." "WHAT?" He was furious. He stormed off to get Hotch and Uncle Rossi and the others. We all met up in the conference room.

Reid's POV

I couldn't believe this. This sicko was seriously taunting the team while speaking directly to her. Calling us her "little friends". It made me sick. I saw her face strain to keep from crying and I put my hand on her knee, trying to be of some help. She gave me a half smile and turned back to the video as it ended. Hotch decided that it would be best for us to continue working on the case, when Garcia called.

"Whatcha got, baby girl?" Morgan asked. "So, the test results from Rose's laptop came back. It seems that our friend left behind a partial fingerprint. I'm ran it through the system and came up with three possible people, but only one of which lives in the area." I looked at Hotch. "Who is it, Garcia?" I listened intently. "His name is Jacob Welsh." We all looked at Rose in time to see her collapse into Rossi's arms. His face told me he knew exactly who that was.