Suzuran

"How are you lately? It's been a while, huh?"

He sighed as he took of his glasses, placing them on the table.

"Congratulations on your game by the way! You're amazing as ever!"

He stared blankly at the screen of his phone as her voicemail played. His chin rested on his arm as he slumped on his chair.

"I wanted to congratulate you in person but you disappeared in the changing room..."

She giggled a little, making his pupils dilate. I was shocked to see a faint blush on his cheeks. He heard her sigh as she paused for a moment.

"Is everything okay?"

...

"Why do I feel like you're avoiding me?"

His eyes widened but he released a heavy sigh. There was a long pause until she coughed a little.

"Anyway, it's okay! Just... call me if you need anything!"

With that, the voicemail ended. He closed his phone as he buried his head beneath his arm.

"You really confuse me, [F/N]..."

After that, he asked a question that made me freeze.

"Why do I have to fall for you?"

(A/N= Let's do some eye exercises! [←_←] [→_→] [↑_↑] [↓_↓]. Okay back to the story!)

Completely stressed out by the school work, she walked out of Rakuzan. She rubbed her eye as she yawned a little.

"[F/N]..."

She froze on her tracks, her pupils dilating. She looked up to see a tall figure in front of her, wearing his Shutoku uniform.

"Shintaro-kun..."

A smile etched on her face as she ran up to him and gave him a hug. He looked stunned as his monochromatic face discovered the color red once again. He returned her hug, holding onto her tightly.

"What are you doing here?" she asked him

"I came to pick you up." he said, adjusting his glasses

They started to walk; with [F/N] playing with a Spider Lily (Suzuran).

"[F/N]." he said

"Hm?"

"I-I..."

She raised an eyebrow as she cocked her head to the side.

"I... um... er..."

She flashed him a confused expression, making him blush a little.

"I... wanttoapologizeforavoidingyoulately." he quickly said

"What?" she belowed

"I... I'm not going to repeat that again-nanodayo." he said
"Hm. That's what I thought." she said

Silence fell over them as she twirled the flower in between her fingers.

"I forgive you." she said softly

His eyes widened as he bit his lip slightly.

"Care to tell me why though?" she asked kindly

He froze on his tracks, his eyes widening. [F/N] stopped as she turned to him.

"Eh?" she said

He looked down for a moment, his cheeks darkening once more.

"A-Are you blushing?" she baffled

He looked up, his jaw dropping.

"I am not-nanodayo." he denied

She giggled a little, poking his cheek. He glared at her but his eyes widened a little.

"You are ~"

He clicked his tongue, staring at her once more.

"It's just that-"

Suddenly, both of them looked up to the sky.

The air was filled with small white objects, making the atmosphere turn more frigid.

No wonder it's so cold.

Snow fell over them, a smile plastered on her face. He stared at her, his mouth formed a small "o". His eyes were wide while another blush appeared on his face.

"[F/N]..."

She looked up to him, her eyes glistening somehow.

"Listen... I..."

She tilted her head to the side, arching one of her eyebrows.

He avoided her gaze as he placed a hand on the back of his neck.

He took a deep breath, making him look like he was gathering up his strength to tell her something important.

He took her hands in his, looking straight onto her eyes.

"I love you, [Full Name]."

Oh.

Boy.

Her eyes grew wide as her mouth fell agape. She stared up onto his eyes, making him blush.

Boy, she was blushing as well.

"I avoided you because I thought my feelings for you will go away." he said sincerely

Where the fuck did his tsundere personality go?

He must have really loved her.

"I know you like... Akashi and I'm not really expecting for us to go out." he said bluntly

Yet, pain was evident in his voice.

"I just want you to know that I love you."

With that, her tears fell. A sob escaped her throat but she smiled to her fullest.

"Thank you... thank you so much." she croaked

She hugged him tightly, sobbing endlessly. He hugged her back, heaving a sigh.

Man, that must be painful.

"Shintaro-kun... I know you'll find that special someone; but that special someone is not me." she whispered as she hicced

He closed his eyes as he clung to her tightly.

"I love you too but... I only love you as a friend." she said

That's... gotta be painful.

Soon, tears escaped his own eyes.

They broke their hug as both of them wipe away their own tears.

She smiled at him, placing the spider lily on his palm.

"A Spider Lily symbolizes something sweet." she said softly

He broke a small smile, clutching the flower.

"Thank you so much for being so sweet to me... thank you so much for loving me." she said

I pity him.

Because you can't just be friends with a person you once fell in love with.