"It's alright. I slapped you in return. So we are even." She says and I laugh. Her lips curve up in a smile and I feel a sudden desire to reach across and touch them. God, she is beautiful.

I am very happy that she has forgiven me. Not only because I get to keep this job, but also because I genuinely wanted her to accept my apology for being a jerk. Last night, as she had slapped me, her face had been red and she had been on the verge of tears. That sight had pinched my insides. I had felt like shit for causing it. And the slap, instead of making me angrier, had made my irrational anger from earlier that day go away.

Yes, I had been angry. And annoyed and irritated at myself since the moment I had seen her. Yesterday, it was not only because I was allowing Nandini to distract me from my purpose, but also because she had been in an accident. She was hurt. Standing there, seeing her across the road, bleeding, had made me churn with anxiety. And I wasn't there to save her. Dhruv was.

Dhruv. The annoying idiot. I was furious as hell on seeing him with Nandini, caressing her cheek, hugging her. He is in love with her, I am sure. But she doesn't have feelings for him, she just told you that. I had felt like knocking the stuffing out of him every time he came close to her.

And then, there's that moron, Harshad. I clearly remember how his dirty, greedy eyes had raked up and down Nandini's body lecherously. I had felt like puncturing his fucking eyes right there.

All this unexpected and unacceptable anger had led me to make that stupid boyfriend remark in the car. And after she slapped me, I thought I would be packing my bags the next day.

The relief I had felt this morning, when I realised I wasn't fired after all, was overwhelming.

"Thank you for accepting my apology." I say. "I didn't apologies for playing in the match though. Harshad had to be shown his rightful place."

"You don't need to apologise for that, I guess. I had a good time watching it." She laughs and then suddenly blushes, as if she remembered something. She looks divine with that slight colour.

Okay. So Nandini Murthy had a good time watching me...watching the match. And she also thinks I am a good player. This particular thought makes me more happy than it should. I am used to girls complimenting me, trying to catch my eye. But I have no idea if she thinks of me like other girls do.

"I am glad you enjoyed." I say, meaning it.

"You made yourself a lot of fans and admirers. Alia Saxena included." She mutters sarcastically.

This makes me smile. She had gotten restless and angry on seeing me talking to Alia in the canteen yesterday.

"She is sweet." I say, with a smirk.

"Yeah, very." She is irritated now.

"Not really my type, though." I feel the need to make this fact clear to her.

"What's your type, then?" She asks, visibly relaxing.

"Well, it's not really well defined." I say, truthfully. I have never really thought about this.

"Hmm..." She nods and gets back to her food.

We finish dinner in comfortable silence and reach home.

"Good night, Miss. Murthy. See you tomorrow." I smile at her.

"Um..Manik?" She looks like she is searching for the right words.

"Yes?" I wait.

"Well, since we have to put up with each other practically all the time, let's just try and be cordial, what say?" She asks uncertainly.

"I say that's a great idea." I smile.

Her answering smile is ravishing. Did my heart just skip a beat?

"Good! See ya." She waves at me and disappears into the mansion.

I enter my own apartment, smiling and feeling content after a long time. This girl surely is something. From taking me to breakfast, to snapping at me for just talking to another girl, to screaming at me and slapping me, to again taking me to dinner, if our equation changed anymore drastically, it would qualify as nuclear fission.

I have never met anyone quite like Nandini Murthy before. She is so unpredictable. While driving back today, I thought I would just apologise to her there itself and maintain a "professional" relationship with her afterwards. But she took me to dinner and was all smiles the whole time. How am I even supposed to stay away from her?

I take a quick shower and come out, still consumed in thoughts of Nandini. My brain is flashing the message loud and clear, that I need to stay away from her and focus. But the rest of my body doesn't seem to be coordinating with the top floor.

My phone rings, snapping me out of my thoughts. It's Abhi.

"Hey, dude! What's up?" I ask.

"I cracked a very important deal today. Dad is so proud." He squeals excitedly.

"Congrats, bhai." I say, even more excited.

"Tu bata, kaisa hai? Any progress with your plans?"

"Not really, Singhania is out of country for another two weeks."

"Oh. So what have you been up to?"

"Nothing. Just roaming around with Nandini."

"Nandini?" He asks.

"Singhania's daughter."

"Oo ho. Is she hot?" I know he is smirking.

"Chup be, saale. Koi kaam nahi hai kya? " I mutter.

"Kaam toh bahut hai yaar! " He groans. "Chal, I'll catch up with you later. If you need anything, just call."

"Sure, thanks."

I hang up and jump onto the bed.

Abhi is doing really well for himself and I am so happy. I wish I could be in Delhi with him and mom. If it wasn't for the revenge plan-

The plan. I remind myself. That's what I came here for in the first place. But now, after only three days, it's taken a backseat. I haven't done anything yet. Singhania is out of country and as soon as he comes back, you will get into action mode. I try to comfort myself with this thought. But I know I am kidding myself.

Nandini Murthy just wouldn't let me think about anything else. I have been so engrossed in her. Whenever I am around her, I feel like getting closer. In the last three days, every time she has scowled, I have felt like reaching across and easing out her frown. I checked her out countless times and after every time, she looked even more stunning to me. I vividly remember the sensation I felt when I touched her in the cafe yesterday. It was like my blood heated up in my veins. And my desires to touch her, embrace her, kiss her full lips, have been getting stronger and more overwhelming with every passing day. My eyes have shamelessly wandered to her chest multiple times...her chest. Jeez, Manik. Get a grip. Don't be a creep.

Okay. I am attracted to her. But, it's just physical attraction. Yes. Just that.

I remember each and every word of what she had said about happiness in the literature class on the first day. I had not been able to suppress the urge to debate with her on it. I wanted to know why she thought so. I wanted to change her views. I know she is broken inside, and I feel uneasy about that.

She is so complicated. So arrogant and rude to most people and so sweet to Jenny and her friends. Still, she couldn't say anything to comfort Cabir the other day.

There are so many things that I am wondering. All about Nandini. She is like a puzzle. I want to understand why she is the way she is.

With these thoughts clouding my head, I gradually fall asleep.
.
.
.
.
.