eight | happy birthday

[Jungkook]

"Jin!" I shouted from downstairs. I looked at Jimin whose gaze was kept at the top of the stairs.

"I'll go." He said, swallowing and I grabbed his arm.

"Be careful." I pouted, furrowing my brows and he sucked in a breath, nodded once and ran up the stairs. I sighed, and raked my hair.

I looked at the clock. When did she say she'll be getting back? "Aish." I sighed, scratching my head. I looked up at the stairs again and groaned.

"Time to call kookiedough..." I mumbled and grabbed my phone.

[Emma]

"I have to go back home. I need to finish making my cake, Jessica." I said and she sighed. She pouted and raked her hair.

"Okay. I'll figure this out myself." She said and I gave her a hug.

"I love you, wifey." I said, and walked out the door.

I checked the time on my phone and prayed that Jungkook didn't mess up my cake. I put my hands in my pocket and walked home.

[Jungkook]

"Thank you, Euna. I'll come in five minutes." I set the phone down and stared at the cake. "You're ruining my life. Did you realize that?" I groaned, and grab my shoes and keys.

I walked in before walking towards Iseul, the cashier. "Hey, Jungkook," She grinned, and I smiled brightly greeting her back.

Euna walked over and brought me my cake. I took it and thanked her. I turned around and began to walk out the door when I almost bump into someone.

"Um, excuse me?"

"Sorry," I apologized, looking at her. I began to turn away when she stopped me.

"Wait a second," She said and I looked at her. "Aren't you... Jungkook?"

"Yes?"

"Jungkook? Jungkook, um, Emma's boyfriend?" She replied, her eyes widening.

I heaved a sigh. Emma's boyfriend. No, totally not. "Yes, of course... And you are?"

"I'm Sooyoung! Remember? We met at Emma's work place." She said, walking closer to me. I backed up a bit.

"Hmm, is that so? You see, I gotta run. I have a birthday cake disaster to fix. Aha, long story—well, nice to meet you again." I quickly remarked, and turned around.

Phew. I walked out the door as quickly as I could. I could hear her call out my name and I blew out a frustrated sigh.

She seemed like a regular customer at kookiedough. I should raise the prices on her.

I unlocked the front door, hoping Emma wasn't home yet. I swang the door open and halted for over 30 seconds whilst looking around. She's not home yet. Phew.

"Chimchim!" I called out, setting the cake on the counter.

No answer.

I ran upstairs and walked into the guest room. The guys were all awake. "What's up, Jungkook?" V asked, and I looked around.

"Where's Jimin?" I asked, and they shrugged.

"Probably sleeping in your room again," Suga said gluing his eyes to the video game he was playing.

I closed the door and walked into my room.

There he was. Laid on top of my bed holding a remote control. I slightly laughed. I took the remote away from him and turned off the tv. He snored loudly making me jump a bit.

I threw the remote at my couch in the corner and wrapped Jimin in a blanket. He woke up early and even tried to help me bake a cake. He was no help at all though. I smiled and walked out. I slowly closed the door and walked downstairs.

I opened the box and took the decorated white cake out. "She won't notice right?" I sighed looking at the cake side to side.

The door swang open and I quickly set the cake down and threw the burnt cake out the window as fast as I could.

"Jungkook?" Emma said, quickly walking towards me.

She looked down at the cake and my heart began beating fast. Why was I so nervous. My hands began shaking a bit and she sighed.

"You decorated it. Good," She said and grabbed it. "You also have a box for it. Great!"

My nervousness stopped. "What?"

"Come on. Let's go before boss comes." She said, and walked out the door.

"Oh, thank God." I mumbled as I sighed in relief. I then followed her out the door.

[Emma]

I walked inside the café and started singing 'happy birthday' because this was the exact time for him to be here. But I got cut halfway when Jessica stopped me. "Stop, stop, stop. He's not even here yet."

"What?"

"Something wrong?" Jungkook asked, walking in.

"Boss hasn't come yet." Jessica said and I nodded.

"Let's wait." I said, and set the cake down on the table

We waited for over fifteen minutes and he wasn't even here yet. "I'm taking a bite." I said, and grabbed a fork.

"Grab me one!" Jungkook shouted and I grabbed him one.

"Jessica want one?" I asked.

"No, I'll share with you." She said, and I walked over to them. I sat in the middle between Jessica and Jungkook.

I grabbed a scoop and took a bite. My eyes lit up and my heart fluttered. "Oh my god! This is delicious!" I squealed, feeling the sweetness of the cake melting in my mouth.

Jessica grabbed my fork and took a scoop. Her eyes also lit up and we both squealed. Jungkook laughed and I felt him staring at me.

Five minutes later boss walked in. I licked my fork and stood up. "Boss!"

"Happy Birthday to you...." We sang.

He tasted the cake and his eyes lit up. "This is so good, Jungkook. We should have you cook my cake for now on." He complimented and I rolled my eyes.

"Ahahaha, totally." Jungkook said, slightly laughing, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sorry, guys. The reason I'm late is my radio broke last night so I went to go buy a new one AND me and my wife are going on vacation for my birthday also I want you guys to watch my kid, Lee Min." Boss said, and my eyes grew wide.

"Watch your kid?"

He nodded. I raked my hair. "I don't go well with kids, boss."

"Too bad. If anything happens to him, just know you're gonna get fired." He threatened and I scowled. He chuckled whilst eating his cake. "I'm kidding. But still, please watch him. I'll add more to your paycheck this month."

I looked at Jungkook and he smiled.

-