“She said she took karate for seven years. Now I kind of wish that my mom made me take karate.” Kevin said, leaning his head back onto the wall.

“We have to give her more credit now! Even those she’s as skinny as a stick, she can fight like a mother.” I said.

“Hey guys, I’m back. Any news?” Miley said sitting next to me.

“He just got out of surgery and should be accepting visitors pretty soon.” Chris told her.

“Oh thank God.”

“So how come you never told us you were in karate?” Josh asked and Melissa giggled.

“It’s embarrassing! I was the worst in my class, so I never really wanted to brag about it.” She said, blushing. “Plus, Melissa wouldn’t do it with me! So I was alone all 7 years.”

“You’re such a great friend!” Josh teased Melissa and poked her in her rib.

“Are all you guys with Ethan Konrad?” The doctor asked.

“Yes.” Everyone answered.

“Alright. He’s allowing visitors now. But he wants Miley first?” he said, looking around to see which one was Miley.

Miley’s POV

I walked into the hospital room to see Ethan covered in IV’s and bandages. I started to tear up, but fought them from falling from my eyelids.

“Hey sweetheart.” He said with a small smile, obviously still in pain.

“How are you feeling?” I asked, walking over to his bed and sitting on the side of it with my legs dangling off.

“I’ve been better.” He let out a muffled laugh. He lifted his hand and cuffed my cheek with it. I leaned down and pressed my lips to his, the second time that I started a kiss between us. Ethan must have noticed this too, because I felt him smile through the kiss. If I was in his position, you would be able to hear my heart rate going up while we were kissing, but as I listened, his heart rate stayed the same, causing me to pull away and frown at him.

He gave me a questionable look. “How come your heart rate isn’t going crazy?”

He laughed. “What do you mean?”

I stopped myself before I embarrassed myself. “Ugh, never mind.”’

“Ethan! You look great!” Chris said as he barged into the room with Casey behind him.

“You’re alive!” Casey yelled, running over to him and giving him a hug. Ethan grunted, and tried to push Casey off him.

“Case you’re hurting him.” Kevin said laughing. She shot off him and gave him a sheepish smile.

“Sorry!”

“I swear if Chris and Amanda weren’t together, you and him would be perfect for each other.” He told Casey. Chris frowned, while Casey laughed.

“That’s gross.” Casey finally spit out in between laughter.

“How are you feeling Mr. Konrad?” Melissa asked from the corner of the room where her and Josh were sitting. There’s defiantly something going on between them…

“Melissa you can call me Ethan outside of school. But I’m good, just a little sore. Doctor said that the bullet just missed my heart by two inches. “

I tensed up. “Boy are you lucky!” Chris said. “Next time we go in with bullet proof vests.”

“Agreed.” Everyone said.

“Miley, where did you learn to fight like that?” Ethan asked me with a smirk on his face.

I frowned, remembering how Melissa left me. “I took karate for 7 years. Melissa was supposed to do it with me, but she decided on gymnastics instead.” I said, shooting her a death stare. She giggled and turned back to what Josh was whispering to her.

“Wow, that’s crazy. How come you never told me?”

“It was too embarrassing. Plus I didn’t think anyone would believe that the skinny girl can fight.”

“You’re right about that.” Ethan said.

“Wow, you’re sitting in a hospital bed, almost died, and you still have energy to make fun of me? I see how it is.” I said, making everyone laugh at me. I frowned. “I’m serious.”

“We’re kidding sweetheart.”

“Anyways!” I started. “When do you get out?”

“Next week. So you’re going to have a sub for both classes.” He said with an evil smile.

My eyes widened in realization. “No…”

“Oh yes.” Chris said with a smirk.

Great. This is going to be the best week of my life…