Chapter 20

The bell rang to signal the end of study hall, so everyone pilled out of the room while I stayed in my seat.

“Do I really have to scrape gum off the bottom of the desks?” I asked Ethan.

“Yes! That’s part of your detention silly!” Chris answered.

“Chris! You’re not even the teacher! What are you doing here anyways?” I asked.

“I just wanted to pay a visit to my two favorite people in the world! And I wanted to see this relationship in action”

“You’re stupid. Come on Miley, we’re going to be late. Chris…you might as well come too.”

“Cool! What class are we off to?” he asked.

“AP World History. The only class Miley is failing.”

“What!? I’m failing?” I asked. I didn’t think I was doing that bad in that class!

“No I’m kidding. You have an A. But it’s a very low A. Stop daydreaming about me in class and you might have a higher grade.” Ethan said with a smirk.

“I don’t daydream about you! I daydream about Chris silly!” I joked. Ethan didn’t find it too funny, but Chris found it hilarious.

“See! Another one of your girl friends want me instead of you!” Chris chirped. Ethan shot him a warning look and looked straight ahead again.

“Are you serious? That’s terrible.” I said. Now I felt bad for saying I daydreamed about his best friend.

“He’s joking. Oh we need our books today in class. Looks like you’re going to be late again!” Ethan said with an evil smile. I didn’t have time to say anything snotty back at him because I turned around and sprinted to my locker.

By the time I made it back to class, I was 3 minutes late. I walked in when he was introducing Chris and called him Mr. Goodwin. I laughed a little and then stopped when Ethan gave me a stern look.

“Miss Evans? You’re late again to one of my classes. Why is that?” he asked in his teacher voice.

“Someone told me we needed our books today, so I had to go back to my locker and get it.

“Oh we won’t need our books today. I told the class on Friday we wouldn’t. Maybe if you payed a little more attention in my class you would know that. Daydreaming will not get you anywhere in life you know.” He said with a smirk playing on his lips.

“I’m sorry Mr. Konrad. It won’t happen again. I won’t listen to what that ass hole says to me anymore I promise.” I said with a snotty smirk. He was probably going to give me a bunch of detentions, but it was so worth it. Chris let out a chuckle, but stopped when Ethan gave him The Look.