“rise and shine (yourname) get up, get dressed, and come on, we have to get to that wonderful building of education” Scotty said, as he walked over and sat down at the foot of your bed. Opening your eyes, you looked to see where he was, and once you spotted him, you picked up your pillow and chucked it at him. “well aren’t you a grumpy gus, this morning” he said placing the pillow back onto the bed “i’m a girl” you mumbled into your sheets “well pardon me, negative nancy” he said with a chuckle to follow. Siting up, you glared at him, as you crossed your arms “what do you want?” you asked, eyes piercing into his. “it’s not what i want, it’s what you want” he said scootching a bit closer to you “huh?” you asked, confused. “(yourname), youre too easy to read, i can see that you don’t want me to go but then i can also see that you want me to go, so what do you want me to do, stay or go?” he asked, grabbing onto your hand. You looked down at your guys’ hands, and watched has he held onto your hand tightly “I, I, I want you to go” you said, smile on your face as you looked back up at him “you sure?” he asked “definitely” you said, with a real smile on your face “alright then, well come on we have to get to school” he said, getting up off your bed and pulling you with him “fine” you groaned, as you walked over to your dresser drawers “be out there in the next fifteen minutes, or i’m leaving you here” he said, as he walked out of the room and began closer your door “good, i hope you do” you said barely above a whisper.

With your back pack firmly on your shoulders, you were walking down the school hall way, with Scotty by your side.

Walking into first period, you quickly took your seat, towards the back of the room, Scotty sat down in the seat in front of you “are you okay? You look a little pale” he said, worried “yeah, i’m fine” you said, half way lying. You weren’t feeling okay, you felt like you were going to pass out at any second from exhaustion, but other than that, you were sure you were fine. “alright” he said, but before he could continue the bell rang, he got up from the seat and walked out of the room, to head to his first period class.

Minutes later the class began, you sat there tapping your pencil against your open notebook as you starred out the window. The birds that were perched in the tree, outside the class room window, were singing a happy tune. This bugged you, how was every one else able to be happy, and you had to be stuck with this bad mood.

And before you ever realized, you were venting into your notebook, as the class dragged on.

The next three classes passed, and you were finally in fifth period.

‘just this class, and then i’ll be seeing Scotty’ you thought to yourself, as you took a seat. Pulling out your notebook, you looked towards the board to see if there were any notes that needed to be copied, but there were none. Looking around, there was no teacher in site.

You watched as all the other students just chatted along with each other. Waiting for class to start, you began tapping your fingers against your desk, as you turned around every so often to see if the teacher was about to walk into the room, but he never came, everytime you looked.

Half way through the period, you began to feel tired, as your stomach did summer salts, inside you. Slowly, you lowered your head, and rested it on your hand, in hopes your teacher would show up soon.

Just as you felt like your eyes were about to close, the teacher walked into the room. “sorry i’m late class” he said in an enthusiastic voice. Quickly you raised your hand “ahh, yes (yourname)” he said, pointing towards you “can i go to the bathroom?” you asked, he nodded his head. Getting up pout of your seat, you collected your things and walked out of the room. 

Walking down the dim lit hallway, you kept your eyes on covered walls, and as you approached the show case, you slowed down to complete stop.

You starred at the trophies resting there, showing the pride of Garner Magnet Highschool. Everyone could tell, by just looking at these shiny sculpted pieces of metal, that sports were a big part of the school.