Prologue

Song in Chapter : REFRAIN by Miyano Mamoru

Everyone in the dome were in tears. It was not because of the song he sang but it was because of how he was trying so hard to continue singing despite the sorrows he had been enduring the past few weeks. They all knew what happened three weeks ago and it was not enough time for the singer to move on and put a smile on his face. 

Daiki, music is my life. It brought everyone together no matter who they were. The joy and happiness in delivering the songs through singing is a dream come true for me. So please... keep singing... for your dreams. 

His voice shook as he tried his best to hold back the tears and pain. Every memory he had with her came back to him, rewinding and repeating over and over again. Never in his life did he feel like he was falling apart completely. Trails of tears made its way down his cheeks as he kept singing with the snow melting upon falling under the stage lights. 

Can you hear my voice? I am here, thinking of you.

Just once would be good enough. I want to see you. 

The last part of the song hits him hard. It's what he wanted so desperately but he knew it was impossible. Aomine fell onto his knees as he tried his hardest not to fall apart but he did, clinging onto the microphone stand as he cried. No one was able to say a word at how devastated they were when they saw him breaking apart in front of them. 

Even at this point he still managed to sing till the end using the last piece of strength within him.  

"...if my wishes could be granted...I'd only wish to see you..."