Chapter 8

Unlike Robin, Starfire did not sleep well. She awoke with a gasp, sweat glazing her forehead. She looked over at the digital clock, the time reading 4:30 am. She suddenly noticed the arms wrapped securely around her waist, and panicked until she realized it was only Robin. She took a deep breath and recalled her nightmare....

(This is her nightmare) "Robin?" Starfire gasped with recognition as her eyes met his masked ones. She was on the roof of the tower, along with Robin and... Blackfire? Blackfire stood close to Robin as she smirked at her little sister. Robin wrinkled his nose in disgust at Starfire. Tears began to form in the corners of her eyes. "Have i done something wrong?" Star whimpered, having the broken heart feeling. "We want you to leave. Nobody wants you here. Blackfire will be your replacement." He said pulling a smiling Blackfire closer to him. Starfire's stomach churned. "Friend Robin I..." But Star never got to finish her sentence, because Robin brought his lips to her sisters and kissed her. It was then when Starfires heart truly felt as though it had been ripped out of her chest. "Fly away dear sister." Blackfire said with a wave as Robin looked at Blackfire with love. Starfire wiped her tears away softly as she flew away from the only family she had truly ever known. (Nightmare over)

Her body shook as she curled up into a ball and cried, gently rocking herself back and forth. Robin quickly awoke hearing Starfire. "Hey." He said gently, putting his hand on her shoulder. She flinched, and his eyes widened. "What's wrong?" He asked. "Nothing is wrong! Everything is great!" She said with a fake smile to add. "Star..." "I had the marest of the night!" "You mean a nightmare?" He questioned, his body tensing. "Yes." "Do you wanna talk about it?" "No." She sighed. "Star, you can tell me anything....""No, i am fine." She said getting out of the bed. Robin knew she was keeping something from him. And he was determined to figure out what.

Starfire made her way to the kitchen, and began to make pancakes for all her friends. But she couldn't seem to get the words out of her head from her nightmare 'Nobody wants you here.' Was it true? "Morning Star." Cyborg greeted with a smile. "Mmmm! Do I smell pancakes?" Beastboy asked following close behind. "Certainly! Please eat!" Starfire tried to smile. "Starfire there's something wrong." Cyborg said a look of concern on his face. No there is not! Everything is wonderful!" She argued. "You can tell us anything" Beastboy added. "It was nothing but a mare of the night." She said glancing away. She then told her 2 friends about her nightmare, and at the end,was crying once again. "I have feeling for him." she whispered as her 2 friends hugged her. They were quiet for a moment, as Star thought of how lucky she was to have friends to talk to.

Raven walked into the kitchen, and her eyebrows raised in curiosity as she saw the small group hug in the middle of the kitchen. "You made pancakes." She stated giving a glance towards the stack of pancakes. "It is a treaty." Starfire said. "I am having the sick home feeling as does Cyborg and Beastboy. We wish to leave as soon as possible. Raven shrugged, as she poured her tea into a cup and took a seat. Starfire took a seat across from her while Beastboy and Cyborg argued over the differences between tofu Dairy products versus as Cyborg calls them 'Real Dairy Products' Robin finally comes out of the room, "Yo Robbie, How about an early turn in." Cyborg said. Robin found it to be the perfect idea. "Get your stuff packed and be ready in 20 minutes," he said before dismissing himself back to his room. "Why do I have the feeling he is going into the slade phase?" Starfire asked sadly. "He is quite distant." Raven noted. "He was not this morning!" Star objected. "Oh well guys we've got to pack." Beastboy reminded the others. They quickly dispersed, going to gather their things.

"Robin?" Starfire asked, quietly entering their room. Robin was sitting on the floor, hovering over articles about Slade. A tear rolled down her face. During Robin's obsessions with Slade, he kept his distance from the other titans, and it felt to Star as if during that period all his emotions were cut off from his body. It was like he was a machine. Robin looked up from the newspaper clippings. "We are doing this again?" She asked, her voice slightly quivering. "Star..." "I should probably start packing." she said sadly flying around and grabbing her stuff. "You don't understand. Slade needs to be defeated." Robin tried to explain. But Starfire continued to ignore Robin. Robin quickly grabbed her boot, pulling her down to him. He grasped her upper arms so she wouldn't fly away. She looked anywhere but at him. He put a finger under her chin and lifted her head up so she made eye contact with him. "Why are you ignoring me?" "You... never mind it was...." "I did what?" Robin asked gently. "You made me leave the titans and you made lip contact with my sister in my nightmare." Starfire whimpered, getting weak at the knees and looking up towards her best friend in shame. "Oh." Robin said quietly. "You said Blackfire was to replace me." Starfire added. "Star, nobody could replace you." Robin said with a small smile. "You mean it?" Star asked. "Yes." Robin whispered leaning towards Star until their lips touched gently. He pulled away slowly, looking towards a blushing Starfire. "Robin, what are we?" She asked. "Just friends." He said standing up and packing. "Do friends make lip contact often?" She asked, touching her lips gently. "Don't ask me questions Star, I'm not in the mood." He snapped. He suddenly realized his mistake as her eyes began to water. She quickly finished packing. "Star I'm sorry." "It is fine." She said turning away. She quickly left with her stuff.

"Hey Star, we doin better?" Cyborg asked walking over to Starfire and removing her bags from her arms and loading them into the T-Ship. "I cannot wait to be home." Starfire said looking towards the sunrise. "C'mon Starfire this place wasn't too bad. You got to kiss Robin." Cyborg teased, as Starfires cheeks blazed. "I believe our friendship is as you would say 'awkward'" Shs said with a sad smile. "Hey, you'll always have us." Cyborg said as he hugged her. "Thank you Cyborg." She said as she hugged him back.

Raven loaded her things into the T-ship, and Starfire smiled at her. "Did you enjoy the trip friend Raven?" She asked, as Cyborg wrapped his arms around her in a friendly way. "Yeah. It was... different." Raven commented. "Hey all." Beastboy greeted with a grin, loading his stuff up. Starfire gasped as her titans communicator vibrated. She quickly opened it, revealing her caretaker from Tameran, Galfore. "Hello princess." He greeted with a small smile. "Galfore, is everything okay?" She asked. "It seems as though Blackfire is getting married." He explained. "Your invited to the wedding." Starfire's jaw dropped. "She is getting MARRIED?" "Certainly. Will you be able to attend the wedding?" He asked. "You wish for me to visit Tameran?" She wondered. "Of course you are after all, the princess." He smiled warmly. "When will she wed?" Star questioned. "In 3 days." "I shall be there! Oh i can not wait to visit Tameran!" Starfire squealed, ending her conversation with Galfore. "Star please don't tell me your getting married again." Beastboy said. "No, but my sister is." "Blackfire?" Cyborg asked. "Why yes. I guess when we get back, I will be leaving for Tameran." Starfire grinned. Robin loaded his stuff and turned to Starfire. "Your going back to Tameran?" "Why yes! As earth folk would say 'wedding bells are ringing!'" "Your getting MARRIED?" Robin yelled as Beastboy giggled. "No! Blackfire is! I can not wait to see Flashfire, i have gotten news from Galfore he has returned from Burnizka!" "Who is Flashfire?" Raven asked, getting into the T-Ship, the others following. They took off towards home and connected their headsets to continue the conversation. "He is a friend from my days as a child." Starfire explained to her friends. "Is he attractive?" Raven questioned in her monotone voice. "Quite!" Starfire giggled imagining what Flashfire looked like today. Robin was angry. Or maybe jealous. But either way, he didn't want Starfire by Flashfire. "I think we should go with you." Robin suggested quickly. "What if she doesn't want us to join her? Maybe she wants to catch up with old friends." Raven objected. "We are going with her." Robin said clearly frustrated of why they couldn't just accept it. "It is ok friend Raven, i do not mind. Perhaps while we are there, i can introduce you all to Flashfire." "Id LOVE to meet the guy." Robin said through clenched teeth. Cyborg smiled at Starfire. "I would also love to meet the guy you like." "You will like him Cyborg! He has great intelligence on machinery and bionic parts!" Cyborg was surprised. "How?" "He builds things to assist Tameran." She explained. "What about animals? Does he know anything about animals?" Beastboy asked. "No. Although I am sure he would be delighted to talk to you. He has not visited earth, and i am sure he would be quite amazed at the animals earth supports." She explained. "We are HOME!" Cyborg announced as the T-Tower came into view. The titans quickly parked the ship and unloaded their belongings. "I call first to use the bathroom!" Beastboy shouted, making a mad dash towards the restroom. "I gotta go finish fixing the T-Car." Cyborg said walking towards his bedroom. "I gotta meditate." Raven said walking towards her bedroom. Robin followed Cyborg, leaving Starfire alone in the living room. "It is most wonderful to be back!" Starfire said, spinning in delight. She plopped on the couch with a sigh. It was good to be home.