He grabs a lighter from his pocket- only god knows where he got that, and why he had a lighter and not batteries. He puts it as close as he can in front of Mitch's eyes, and right as he lights it, he yells, "FIREEE!" Mitch screams and shoots up from his place on the couch, before looking around frantically before sighing. "I knew I shouldn't have gone to sleep." He says, laying his head on the back cushions of the couch. "We have to take the boys home, Mitch." Jerome responds, still smirking from his just occurring prank. "You said that- never mind. Okay, lets go then. Everyone got their stuff?" Mitch asks. Everyone nods, and they all seem to have a sad smile on their face. I was tearing up over here, the first party that Mitch has held that I can come to, is coming to a close.

I wipe my eyes and we all stand up, making our way to the door. Everyone was still very drowsy so it was more like, 'I'm trying not to fall' walking. It is like 4:10 in the morning after all. We all stop at the door and as we open it we let Mitch past us through the door as he runs through the rain and hops in the driver's side of his car. Great, the car is a good 25 feet away."I'm not going through that." Preston says, earning a nod from Jerome and Vikk. Suddenly Rob runs to the the car and hops inside as well, having no problems. "Well I guess that means I'm next." I mutter. I fix my strap on my shoulder and I hold it just in case it manages to slide off. I make a dash into the rain and I make my way towards the car. A bright streak of light is seen to my left, but I can't tell exactly where so I just keep running and as I open the car door a loud clap of thunder booms loud enough to scare someone out of their shoes.

I hastily scramble inside and close my car door as I shiver from the cold rain that has absorbed into my clothing and making my hair hang sloppily. I run a hand through my hair as I take my burgundy sweatshirt from my bag and wipe off my arms and hair. Thank god I took this off and put it in my leather bag, or it would be soaked. I look over at Rob and he is shaking. I nearly forgot that he was deathly terrified of lightning and thunder. I hand him my damp sweatshirt and he raises and eyebrow at me, as he slowly releases his arms from his legs which are basically glued to his chest. "It's dry. We're wet. Catching on yet?" I joke. He smiles weakly and dries himself off the best he can, and holds it back out to me. Before I can grab it Jerome jumps in the passenger seat and screams, "WOO!" he laughs, and looks back at us. "what a rush."

Rob giggles and I laugh, before Jerome looks back at me. "Did you see what happened?" I shake my head. "When you were going to the car, lightning hit the road like, half a mile from here!" He says, catching Mitch's attention. "I saw something, but I couldn't tell where it hit." He nods at my response. "Well-" Mitch gets cut off by Vikk and Preston jumping in the car and pushing Rob into my shoulder. "Hey!" Rob and I yell. "What?! You want me to wait for him to move?!" He yells back. "Yes!" We both yell again, earning a laugh from Jerome. "Wooflan." Mitch says, and I kick the back of his seat. I hear Vikk laugh from behind me, meaning I missed when he climbed back there. "Merome." I counter. "Wow, someone's being sassy today." Jerome smirks, looking at me. "Am not." I say, crossing my arms as Preston buckles in. "Are too!" "Am not!" "Are-" "LADIES!" Preston screams. "Shut the fudge up!" He says, looking between the both of us.

Mitch just shrugs as he puts the car in reverse and we back up out of the drive way. I turn and look through the back window and see a tree covering the road. I open my mouth to say something, but I quickly close it knowing it will only make the case worse. I mean, we're in a suv in the middle of a thunder storm. Not the best idea, but we have to leave sometime. Right? And we gave it the entire afternoon to calm down. So, it was best to leave as soon as possible. I turn back around and we're heading down a long, dark road. "Couldn't the storm have just cleared up just a little? I mean, look at this!" Mitch says, leaning up looking through the windshield. ""I know, it's terrible." I mutter, leaning my face on my elbow that's propped up on the window.

"This has never happened on my birthday before either!" I tense. Fudge. "You okay?" Rob whispers, looking at me. I nod, and look back out of the window. A loud thump and multiple cracking noises emit from outside of the car, making all of us jump. "What was that?!" Vikk and Preston scream. We all look around for a minute including Mitch, which was a bad idea all together. It's pitch black, and we can't see anything. Sure we have the light from the radio, but other than that, we couldn't even see if- "Mitch!" I was ripped from my thoughts as a giant tree was lying in the middle of the road, blocking any sort of way to get around it. Mitch slammed on the brakes, only making us slide and turn at a diagonal angle before slamming into the tree. I jolt forward, slamming my head into the back of the driver's headrest, before being pulled back once again by my seat belt. I hear a chorus of loud snaps, and the excruciating sound of metal being crushed.

I become light headed and my vision hazy, but I manage to look around the car. A groan escapes my mouth when I turn my head, which is terribly painful. Mitch seems to be knocked out, I know he hit his head on the steering wheel because the horn is currently blaring as annoyingly loud as possible. I look at Jerome, who is sort of conscious, but in a state of major confusion, it looks like. Rob is unconscious and he's lying on my shoulder. He had a little blood on his forehead, meaning he hit something too. Am I bleeding? I raise my hand to check, but almost instantly drop it, hissing in pain. Bad idea, Lachlan. I painfully lean forward a little and look at Preston, who is just taking in what happened. He doesn't look injured at all, really. I bite my tongue as I turn around to look at Vikk. He's lying unconscious against the window. His hand is lying at an unnatural angle, which tells me that he obviously broke that.

I look at my broken window, which looks like it could shatter into millions of pieces any second. There's already a hole in the window, which I assume something went through it. I'm able to bend down slightly and look through, to see a phone lying face down on the ground. I quickly check my pocket finding mine's not there. That's probably mine then.My door is barely ajar, so it's easy to get out of if I use my leg to push it open. "Preston?" I manage to say, but it generally hurts to breathe, so I can't say much at all. He looks at me, and his eyes widen before raising an eyebrow. "P-phone?" I breathe, but he shakes his head, pointing outside of his window. I moan, and rest my head.

"Maybe you could get it?" He says, looking outside his window. "It's our only hope to contact anyone, and you're the only one that can get out. I look at his door, and a branch the diameter of me, is blocking his exit. He pushes on it and it doesn't budge one bit. I look at Jerome's door, and he has the same issue. I really am the only one who can do this. I slowly raises my legs which aren't hurt at all, thank god, and I kick the door open. Too my surprise, the door falls off and the glass shatters all over the flooded ground. Sorry Mitch. I gently scoot forward and turn, placing my hands on my seat making my arms basically scream in pain. I push myself out of the car, landing on my feet. I nearly fall, but I manage to keep my balance in the pouring rain.

I slowly walk beside branches that are still connected to the tree, hoping that if I slip and fall I could maybe catch one if I'm lucky. I walk over to the phone, which is surprisingly not broken and in a waterproof case, grab it with no issue, and hastily dial 911. They answer and I tell them where we are and what happened to the best of my ability. They say they'll be here soon, and hang up. I look back over at the car, which is in awful shape. The entire front of the car is smashed, even the rim was bent. All of the window's are shattered. The motor is smoking. Everyone's unconscious. Poor Mitch, he got this car less than a month ago. I look back down at the phone resting in my hand. This is Mitch's phone. At least his phone lived, I guess. As I turn and start to slowly make my way back to the car, I hear the sirens coming. Thank god. But right as hope was coming my way, it swiftly changed directions and left my thoughts. There was a deafening screech and someone screamed my name. There was a blinding bright light and an electrifying charge shot through my body, before I felt everything, and it went to nothing. The scene around me seemed to dim, and sounds into a faint static noise. Everything went black.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Hello! A long chapter today, longer than normal. I hope you like this sort of, cliffhanger I left ;). I hope you all have an amazing week<3

CHRISTMAS IS ALMOST HERE\o/