Chapter 3: The News That'll Change Our Lives Forever

STELLA'S POV

Today's the day. The day I tell my daughter Adeline news that'll change our lives forever. We woke up just like any other summer morning I woke up at 6 to get ready for work and I let Adeline sleep in today because she looked tired. I left a note on the counter along with some breakfast. I'm still not quite sure when I'll tell Adeline the news yet, but it'll be today for sure.

ADELINE'S POV

I woke up to find that mom had already left for work. So I went to the kitchen to get some breakfast. On the counter there was a note explaining that mom let me sleep in and she wouldn't be home until tonight. Along with the note was also some eggs for me to heat up.

After breakfast I did what any other tween would do I went on mom's computer that apparently she hadn't needed today at work. After a while I got bored of playing computer games, so I went on mom's email to read some of her messages because I was bored. (A/N we've all done this before,right?) I was reading some boring emails when I saw a conversation with a guy named Des Styles. At first I thought no way this could the Des Styles I was thinking of, but it was the guy who I was thinking of! It was Des Styles, Harry Styles' father and apparently mine too.

So at first after reading their conversation I was bawling my eyes out because I had just found out who my father was and that Harry Styles was my half brother. Before I called my mom I decided to put the Dad and the boy's contact info. in my phone because why not? Next I called my mom.

STELLA'S POV

"I was at work (I'm a physical therapist) when I got a call from Adeline. I picked up the phone to hear her bawling her eyes out. "What's wrong honey?" I asked. "Why didn't you tell me that you had found dad and that Harry Styles was related to me?!" Adeline said in between sobs. "I didn't know how'd you take it honey." I said hoping that the sobs I heard were sobs of joy. "We'll I'm happy I just wish you would've told me straight away instead of waiting." "I know I just wasn't sure if we'd be able to get in touch, and I didn't want you to be all exited if it didn't work out. Listen Adeline, we'll talk later, but my ten o'clock patient is waiting for me. Love you." I said then I hung up. I really hope she'll be alright until I get home.

ADELINE'S POV

After mom hung up I decided to text Dad and Harry. Since I'd assumed that they probably both knew about me. First I texted Dad of course. I typed "Hi dad! It's Adeline, your daughter." I knew it wasn't much, but I was so nervous and didn't know what to say. I wasn't expecting a response right away because he was probably still at work, or just getting home from work. So I decided to text Harry I wrote "Hi Harry! It's your half sister Adeline. I don't know if Dad has told you yet, but your dad is also my dad. So you're my brother from another mother! I know you probably think I'm lying, so ask dad. He'll tell you. Hope to hear back from you!" Then I pushed send...

HARRY'S POV

I was on the tour bus with the lads scrolling through my instagram feed when I saw a text appear from a new number. After I read the message I read it a few times again to make sure that I wasn't making this all up in my head. After I'd confirmed that it was a real message I was a little confused.

Liam must've noticed the confusion on my face because he asked "Whats wrong mate? You have this weird expression on your face." At first I didn't respond. Then Louis came up, and was all like "earth to Harry, Harry to earth" "Would you bloody stop saying that Louis! It's annoying me." I said. "Woah what's gotten into you man?" Zayn asks. "It's nothing just a lot of mixed emotions. Read this text." I say putting my phone in Niall's hands. After he'd read the text all of were silent for a little bit. "So..what do you think about this message?" Liam asked. " I'm just not sure if its true or not. So part of me is shocked and happy if this is true because then I have a half sister. Then the other half of me is angry/disappointed because I want a sister, it angers me that some one would try to fake being my family member" I reply. "You should just call your dad" Zayn suggests. So I did.

DES'S POV

I had just arrived home from work when I got a call from Harry. "Hello Son" I say "Do I have a half sister named Adeline or not?" Harry asked getting very quickly to the point. "Yes Harold you do." I replied "Yeah! Harry's got another sista! Harry got another sista!" I could hear the boys saying in the background. "So tell me everything" Harry said. "About Adeline?" "Yes" said Harry. She was his sister, so I guess he had the right to know.

"Adeline's mum and I were dating after the divorce (A/N now that I think about it Adeline should be a different age because the timing doesn't make much sense. But we r just going to say she's still 11) Once I found out that Adeline's mum Stella was pregnant I fled back to England because I didn't want to have to support another child. And we haven't had any communication with each other since about four days ago. Stella found my contact info. and I told her that you lads were in America FYI they live in America and I said that you guys should meet up. So I'm assuming Adeline's mum gave her you lads contact info, and that's how she got in touch with you." I said. "Ok but tell me more about Adeline." Harry said. "Well, she's 11 and a huge directioner. Apparently she looks a lot like you. Same brown curly hair, and green eyes. She's tall, tan, nice,and very fast from what I've heard." "Ok Dad I just wanted to know if the text was actually true. Bye now!" "Bye son, and please keep this private I don't want Adeline being followed where ever she goes by paparazzi!" "Haha doubt worry dad. I'll keep this private." And with that he hung up.