Audition weekend

Two months have passed since I broke up with Jordan, so many things changed by then. Kat has moved in with me and Trevor so she wouldn't feel alone, Kaylah has been trying to get Jordan's attention ever since I left him, Trevor and I have been dating in secret so Jordan wouldn't find out, we didn't even tell Kat. Abigail, Kat, Jordan, Trevor, Kaylah and I had all submitted entry forms for the National Academy of Dance, they sent us back a letter asking us to go audition for them for a whole weekend at the end of August. 

The auditions were to be held in two weeks time, we have all been practicing for a really long time, only the best of the best were to be accepted in that Academy and we were doing everything we could to be part of those few. Trevor and I have been meeting secretly by the lake and we used to practice together. "It would be great if we both got accepted in to that school together....Along with Kat of course" Trev told me one day as he took my hand and interwinded our fingers. "Yeah it really would....but it would be much harder for us to keep this a secret" I replied.

"For how much longer are we going to keep hiding? I want to shout to the whole world how much I love you" he said picking me up and spinning me around. "Me too" I replied. We couldn't tell anyone yet, Jordan clearly hadn't gotten over me. It was obvious by the fact that he always kept asking me out, tried to kiss me and asked me just a week before if I wanted to try again. "Brittany my feelings keep getting stronger for you each day we're together, it sounds impossible but you made it possible" he said as he faced me his hand still in mine.

To me being with Trevor was perfect, he always understood me and always made me laugh, my feelings have gotten stronger for him too I didn't want to keep hiding but we couldn't do anything about it. "Brittany I don't know what to do, I want to scream what I feel for you for the whole world to hear, I want to be able to go in front of people and introduce you as my girlfriend, not my best friend" he said. I leaned in and kissed him, he was just so cute when he said that, that I couldn't help myself. "The time will eventually come, I love you Trev, I love you a lot but we can't yet"I kept telling him.

A few days before audition weekend I started feeling very nervous, I was afraid that I wasn't going to get in, or that one of my friends wouldn't get in I was so scared. A few hours before Kat was going to drive us to the Academy I think I felt slightly a bit dizzy. "Hold on, I just need to go get something from inside" I told Kat stepping out of the car. I went to my room and got the lucky necklace that Trevor's dad once gave me. "You kept that?" Trevor asked from outside my door. He startled me a bit and I ended up dropping it on the floor. "Let me help you" he said putting on my necklace. He turned me around to face him. "You're going to do fine, you're the greatest dancer I know, to me there isn't a better dancer then you" he said "And I'm crazy about you" he continued. Just as he leaned in to kiss me Kat barged into the door. "What's going on here?" she asked.

Trevor and I turned around only to see her confused face. "Kat I swear I wanted to tell you" I said running after her as she went running away from my bedroom door. "Then why didn't you?" she asked with a hurt tone. "Can we explain everything in the car we're gonna be late!" Trevore said taking my hand and running towards Kat's car. As we were in and Kat started the car I decided to tell her everything. "We just wanted to keep it a secret, we knew that if Jordan found out he was going to be hurt, we didn't want to hurt anyone" I explained. "Oh so you didn't think I was trustworthy enough for your little secret?" she asked angrily. "Come on Kat I always tell you everything, this was just a thing that we wanted to keep for ourselves....Please don't hate us" I told her. "Only because you're my best friends and I can't live without you guys" she replied with a smile. "So for how long has this been going on?" she asked "two months, three days and 4 hours" Trevor told her looking at me "Wow you've even been keeping track of time?" she said with a laugh. Trevor felt a bit humiliated so he just dropped his head and said nothing. I kissed him to cheer him up. "Well that's gonna have to get some getting used to" she said.