Chapter 18

Sunday evening.
When I returned home and explained too my family what was happening they all looked at me like I was mad but to my surprise Xavier coming to USC wasn't coincidental, no he got paid to come and I quote "attempt to like me" in my fathers word and when he found out that Xavier had in fact done the opposite he refused to pay Xavier. Word got to Hunter that someone owed money to their family and there I was trying to fix something my father had caused on his own terms.

I thought I was being brave by stepping up to my fathers weakness but actually it was just a plan. When I left I went too Caleb's, to say I was fuming is an understatement I was fucking pissed off, I'm going to kill him.

"Texas, I was wondering when you would return, can you cook?" Can I cook, I don't think that matters anymore, I haven't even got to marry him and I'm already giving up on this sham. "I'm not going through with it, I'm sorry." He got up and grabbed my arm. "What are you doing we have an agreement." All he cares about is the agreement.

"That's what you've done, you don't care about what I do and what I want, how long was you going to lie to me? Was you not going to tell me that you made a deal with my father and that's why my family are in trouble?" I wasn't stopping at anything I was just yelling more and more.

"And I thought you at least cared about me a little but you didn't, how long ago did you make this deal? Did you not consider how I would feel? I'm just a fucking deal to you. You get my family out of this mess now or I swear you will regret it." I know he's going to kill me but this is the risk I had to take. "Please let me explain Texas."

I looked at my watch and he knew what I was signalling. "When your father hired me he didn't say why I was doing it he just wanted to me to be with you I don't know what that meant but I knew it wasn't good." He paused and tried to catch his breath.

"I had never even met you until you bumped into me and I didn't clock until Mason started to going on about you, he was mesmerised by you. Then I saw you, I must admit when your dad asked me to fall for you I expected you to be some ugly beast but you're not. You're just so beautiful and I don't understand why I'm so drawn to you, because I know I don't like you and I can't like you but when I want too I'm stuck with these feelings where I can't be around you."

"Okay that's enough I'm leaving." Then I did, this time I was leaving, not him. And I wasn't the one who was getting hurt.