Chapter 17: Christmas

Rewritten: 05/13/17

z o e

(Christmas Eve)

I smoothed out the ends of my dress. The dress is really nice. It fits me perfectly on the top and it flares out at the bottom. The top, which was a halter designed top, was beige with rhinestones and the bottom was a nice maroon color. I paired the dress with a pair of beige heels. I ended up curling my hair and doing a minimal amount of makeup. As long as I was able to breathe, I'm happy.

My parents decided to host a "small" last minute Christmas party with all their friends at a hall that their friend owned

My parents decided to host a "small" last minute Christmas party with all their friends at a hall that their friend owned. I invited my friends because there was no way I was going to that if I didn't have at least one of my friend with me. Now, I'm hoping they come.

Grabbing my phone, I walked over to my full-length mirror and snap a few pictures of my dress. I send a few good ones to Naomi. She replied very fast with a bunch of heart eyed emojis and stars. I chuckled as I exited out of the message app and put my phone away.

I exit my room and walk to the living room where I found Jacob munching on a granola bar.

"Jacob! If there is a mess in the living room and on your suit, I'm not going to be happy!" I heard my mother yell, a glare fixated on her face.

Jacob sheepishly smiled, "I won't make a mess, I promise."

"You better not." She said, replacing her glare with a smile. "Oh, Zoe! You look wonderful, dear!"

I twirled around, letting out a laugh, "Thanks, mom. You look wonderful!"

"My beautiful girls, you both look beautiful," John said, entering the living room, putting his arms around both mom and me.

"Hey! Why am I not getting any compliments?" Jacob pouted, standing up.

"Because you're ugly." I bluntly replied, giving him a sincere smile.

Scowling, Jacob showed me his middle finger when mom and dad were giggling quietly to themselves.

"Children, let's not fight." Mom said warningly. "Now, I'd like to show up to our party early, so, let's get a move on." She said, ushering us out the door.

"After tomorrow, besides New Year, I'm going to sleep for a year," Jacob muttered.

I snorted, "Huh, okay."

---

"You're here! Finally, someone is here!" I exclaimed, jumping up from my seat.

I've been here for a half hour and it was the worst half hour of my life. Alright, I'm exaggerating but it was terrible. There were so many people that I did not know and they were all friends of my parents.

Chuckling, he took a seat. Immediately grabbing a small red velvet cupcake, he bit into it, nodding his head in appreciation. "This is really good." Sean vocalized.