Catching Feelings (Prod Imagine)

~ Catching Feelings ~

Your P.O.V 

The thin sheets stuck to your damp bodies as you lay your head on his bare chest. The heavy breathing the only sound coming from the house. You lay there treasuring the little time you had with him. As only a friend with benefits, you knew he would be rushing off not too long after. Good enough to fuck but not good enough to wife. Months back, when you first started messing around, you took an oath agreeing on ‘No feelings, just a fuck’. It was alright to start with, but a few ‘sessions’ in, things started to change. You started to miss him when he was gone, you wanted him to spend the night, you started feeling jealous when she was around. Craig found himself a girl; Aaliyah. You were not one to mess with people’s relationships so you stopped meeting with Craig. Of course, you found you couldn’t stay away. The day before, everyone in your circle of friends went out to catch up and have some fun. The whole time Craig & Aaliyah stayed hugged up: kissing, play fighting, laughing around. That should be me. From there you decided to tell him how you truly felt. You couldn’t deny it no more. You were in love with him.

“Craig” your voice called out softly. He looked down at you and brushed a strand of your hair out of your face. “(Y/N)”. You smiled, “I errm..I have to ask you something”. “Shoot” You paused, gathering up the courage to finally let it off your chest, “Do you….do love me?” His eyebrows furrowed and he sat up a little. “What do you mean?” “I mean, do you love me Craig”. He sighed and took his hand from your face, covering his eyes. “I should have known this would happen” you heard him mutter. You pulled away and turned to face him, “(Y/N) I thought we agreed on no feelings”, “We did, but that was before, this is now. To start with you were just a good fuck, but now….I can’t help how I feel for you Craig….I don’t want you to be with Aaliyah, I want you to be mine. I’m in love with you.” He removed his hand from his face and looked at you with pitiful eyes. He sat up properly this time and took your hand into his. “Look…I’m sorry. Maybe this was a bad idea to start with. But…I’m with Aaliyah…and..and I’m marrying her (Y/N)…I proposed to her last night”. 

You felt your heart break. He must have noticed the pained look in your eyes, because his expression changed to a guilty one. He tried to pull you closer but you couldn’t bare to feel his touch. “Get out.” You looked down as the tears welled up. “(Y/N)-” He started, but you didn’t want to hear, “I said GET OUT!” The tears you had been fighting to keep back, streamed down your face. Craig took his clothes and left. A few minutes later you heard the front door open. “I’m sorry” he called upstairs, his voice filled with regret followed by the sound of the door closing. You buried your face in the pillow and cried until you fell asleep. Catching feelings for your best friend was definitely not what you had planned.