Chapter 28: Unravel

Authors note: this chapter is going to be long. A lot of things will happen. And i mean a lot! So yeah, its to make up for my lack of updates and to push this story further and faster towards the end. It will be in 3rd person. Hope you guys will like it!

xo

---

Falasdir was dead.

At least he might as well be. When Legolas and Elrohir arrived in the throne room, he was already lying motionless on the ground, with Thranduil sitting on his throne. His eyes blank, his face stiff and his posture rigid as a post. Standing over the body of Captain was none other than the red headed man, whose name forever brought a kind of bitterness in Legolas' heart. Even Elrohir's, who could not understand why he despised a man he knows nothing of.

"Enough," the prince's voice cut through the tensed filled air. He stalked over to the throne, his hands gripping his dagger. Elrohir wasted no time as he strode over the fallen captain, placing a hand on his head and his chest, looking for any signs of life. Legolas unconsciously held his breath, waiting for Elrohir's confirmation. When the younger twin looked up, his eyes were filled with relief. Legolas drew out the breath, Falasdir was alive.

The young prince then turned to his father, his eyes sparking the same power that his father once had in his own eyes. Now he was reduced to nothing but a mere puppet. A puppet of a dark and unknown enemy. Allea and Aeser rushed over to help Elrohir lift the captain off the ground.

"He does not know where Mantheniel is," Legolas voice was sharp, as the tension in the room seemed to thicken. Thranduil made no movement, no acknowledgement that he has heard his son. Aeser aided Elrohir in taking Falasdir's body out the throne room, Allea decided to stay with the prince, in case a fight broke out.

"Perhaps you do?" Ellisar asked, his tone slightly mocking. He flicked a part of his hair over his shoulder as Legolas' eyes landed on him, his jaw tensed.

"I do," he states without hesitation as he turned back to his father who did not even react to his confession. "I will tell you where she is, if you remove that brooch on your neck."

Thranduil did not react. Ellisar, on the other hand, held his sword tightly. He knew about the brooch, as Legolas suspected. Allea, who stood watching, made a movement to grip her sword. She could feel the tension building and she could most likely tell by the way everyone was tensed that a fight would soon break out. Why couldn't she have just left with Lord Elrohir?

There was a brief flash of recognition in Thranduil's eyes, his hand slowly made their way to the wicked brooch, his fingers grazing the odd object clasped over the collar of his shirt, but before he could take it off the ground gave out a loud cry. The earth shook beneath them as the lamps flickered and some died out. Allea unsheathed her sword as Legolas held his dagger tight. There was a brief silence before the thrones large doors burst open and in came a frantic Elf maid.

"The bridge," she sputtered. "The bridge at the entrance, its collapsing." Legolas wasted no time, deciding to see the matter of the bridge before facing his father in what is most likely the hardest duel he would ever have. He knew it would come to this. The dark power has a strong hold over his father now and he hoped and prayed Laralen was the answer. Allea hesitated for a moment, watching the blank expression of her king before her dark eyes found the red headed man who did nothing but look at her oddly. She grimaced as she turned and followed the young prince out the room.

They walked the halls quickly, passing by curious maids and soldiers. When Legolas finally reached the entrance, he could see the visible cracks on the bridge. The air was chilly. Chilly enough for an elf to actually feel its odd coldness. What could cause such a thing?