Chapter 12: Reunion

3rd Person

Turwaithiel could not believe it at first. Seeing him after so many weeks. He stood tall, emerging from the shadows like an angel. She thanked the gods for answering her prayers so quickly. She did not, however, forget the main reason she left. This would not dissuade from her decisions. She was just thankful he had come in time, then maybe she would be able to heal Lara.

Legolas was quick. His arrows landing with precision. He did not have enough energy or arrows to kill all of them so when he could, he quickly aimed an arrow on the binds of Turwaithiel's hands. Turwaithiel wasted no time as she undid the binds on her ankles and crawled over to Laralen to untie her. Laralen slumped down on the ground but she was finally conscious. There was some kind of relief there.

"Ble- Bleon?" She rasped and Turwaithiel merely gave her a small nod before making her way over to untie Bleon. She undid the binds in his hands as he seemed to suck in oxygen and coughed violently.

"Please, let him be spared," Turwaithiel whispered as she got a hold on the boy. She turned to look as Legolas helped Laralen up to her feet. She could hear more orcs coming. They haven't got much time. She quickly lifted the boy up, shaking a little from the fatigue of the harsh four days journey from their capture. Legolas swung Laralen's arm over his shoulder as he assisted her in walking.

"Quickly," he called as he walked to the direction of their escape. Turwaithiel followed him with strained steps as they hear the orcs near. When they were but a league apart Laralen had had enough and fell almost limp as a dead person in Legolas' arms. They all stopped as Turwaithiel seemed to have spent all her remaining energy carrying the boy.

They were still being chased and Legolas grew worried at what to do. He looked on to the three companions he had. Turwaithiel shared his distressed look when their eyes met. This was not how both of them imagined their reunion to be.

Laralen held herself still on a tree, grasping on to her bleeding wound. She could feel the blood flow and was actually surprised how she managed to stay alive for so long. She turned to their hero and immediately knew who he was. Blonde hair, regal stance, blue eyes and an elf. Surely, he must be Legolas. She then turned to Turwaithiel who stood a few feet away, Bleon in her arms as she continued to heave. Laralen knew what must be done.

"Do you have a horse?" She asked the elven prince who gave her a confused nod. She clutched on to her wound, knowing the poison would soon affect her. The things she had learned of witchcraft and such could only do so much for her. She took one look at the wound and knew she had little chance of surviving it. She had only but a miracle as a chance. If the gods pitied her enough, they would not send her into the dark world she had grown up in again.

Perhaps it was time. Perhaps this was her purpose all along. Laralen held on to her remaining strength as she pushed herself off the tree with fierce determination. She had but one last thing to do. To make sure Turwaithiel and Bleon were safe. She stared at the boy and felt her heart swell with so much emotion, tears had begun to pour out of her eyes. She knew what she must do.

"Take them," she orders the prince who gives her a baffled look, " Take them. Please." Turwaithiel stood straighter, ready to argue but stopped short when Legolas gave Laralen a small nod.

"I will not leave you!" Turwaithiel shook as she turned to glare at her friend. No. She was not going to make her do such a thing. Laralen turned to her and Turwaithiel stared as the tears seemed to cover her cheeks.

"Please," Laralen seemed to plead, "I must make sure Bleon is safe. Turwaithiel, do not argue."

Turwaithiel shook her head, tears forming in her eyes. She was not going to leave her.