~10~

Chapter 10

Lucas and Maya stayed in the same position for an hour, rarely saying anything. Only the occasional, "Are you ok?" and a nod, or occasional shivers and teeth chattering. But Lucas didn't mind any of this. He was with Maya, he was protecting her. She wasn't alone and suffering. He was there for her. He might not totally understand, but he was still there for her.

Maya didn't know how she felt. She felt different with Lucas. Like she can trust him. But can she really? Everytime she trust someone, they betray her. Shawn leaving, her mother not being there, only the Matthews' and Farkle have kept their promises, but she feels it's a lie. She's trouble, not helping them at all.

"Lucas?" Maya asked out of nowhere.

"Yeah Maya?" Lucas asked her as her head was leaning on his shoulder.

"Is Randy coming back?" she asked nervously, making Lucas' heart stop. He doesn't know.

"I will protect you Maya, you know that. if he does come back, I'm right here." Lucas told her and Maya sat up.

"But that doesn't answer my question." she faced him looking into each other's eyes. "Is Randy coming back?"

"Maybe?" Lucas told her, but questioned it. "Maya I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to that." Maya looked down.

"I'm just trouble." she whispered.

"Huh?" Lucas asked. Trouble? To him she was far from that.

"He's going to come back and everyone is going to have to stop him. Someone is going to get hurt because of me." Maya explained. "You may deny it, but I'm causing all of this trouble for everyone. I broke enough, I should just go."

"Maya don't say that." Lucas placed his hand on her knee, making Maya look up at him. "Everyone in here and me, we all want you safe. We're going to keep you safe, no matter what you say. Maya, Randy can't hurt you anymore."

"Are you sure?" Maya asked Lucas.

"I swear." Lucas reassured.

"And all I've done is been rude and snappy to everyone! You guys have been trying to help me, but I wouldn't let that happen! All I did was yell at everyone." Maya closed her eyes and bit her lips to stop herself from crying. All she did was upset and worry everyone.

"Maya none of this is your fault. You're confused, you don't know what to do. You're lost, we all understand. This all impacted you badly, you're frustrated with life." Lucas explained to her, picking her chin up with his hand.

"But I shouldn't have been rude." she sighed. "You guys just wanted to help."

"Maya, we still do. We're all here for you. Ok?" Lucas asked and Maya nodded.

"Ok." she sighed. She wanted help, but at the same time she didn't. She didn't want to drag anyone into this. She wanted to stay strong, but it wasn't working out how she would like it to. She would really like this whole thing to stop.

The world to stop.

Everything to stop.

Why did this happen to her? She's already had a bad life before this, why is the aftershock harder than the original? She got rid of Randy, her mom, everything bad. Why is this harder when her wish came true?

Life is confusing.

Life sucks.

A/N: Not the best chapter, but I mean like those Lucaya moments right!?

Thanks for reading! Please vote! :)