Winter Concert 2015

Just came home from DQ (That's what I like about Texas!). I had fries and a small plain ice cream cone. I dip the fries in the ice cream. It's DELICIOUS! Anybody else eat them together? If you haven't tried it before, you really should. Anyway, we ate there after the orchestra concert I played in. My class played two pieces:
1812 Overture by Tchaikovsky
Waltz No. 2 by Shostakovich
The ending of 1812 is epic! I feel so powerful when playing it! We played the song with the concert group with is the level below us. The waltz we played with concert and the group above us. I still don't know hat they're called. It might be symphony or chamber. Not sure. The waltz I was kind of embarrassed about. In class it was fine, but then we switched seats because. And I mean just because. But then my stand partner's skirt was a little shorter than my pants so I sat on the outside. Then when we started, I noticed the person's head in front of me was blocking Mr. B's hands so I couldn't see him conducting. Never a good thing. He told us to use are eyes and not our ears. I couldn't see and I couldn't really move, so I went by ear and that was a horrible decision, although it's better than nothing. I was in the third row so when listening, it sounded like first and second chairs started different from third and fourth and so I was off. Actually k don't know because listening didn't work. Oh well. I played the best I could with the situation. I felt pretty good about it. I know I'm a lot better at playing the piece when I can actually see Mr. B conducting. Yeah. It was a good concert. Oh, today during geography class (it's the last period of the day on b days) my friend and I had the hardest time staying awake. I was so close to falling asleep. She kind of did. Her eyes were half lidded and it was really creepy. She woke up a couple seconds later. I had to blink a lot and I kept rubbing my eyes to try and get the sleepiness to go away. It didn't work. Then we were given a small paper to read. I read it. The only problem was that after reading it, I had no idea what I had just read. Then we had to share information about it with a parter. R, my other friend, and I were partners. I felt really bad that she did and read mine too. Man, I could not focus. Then we wrote a letter about it. I skimmed it and picked some stuff up from it, well, at least enough to do the assignment. Hehe. I am so glad I did not fall asleep. I'm tired after the concert. I'm gonna get ready for bed, so good night everyone!