XI. Lucy's Solo Mission

Lucy was broke... again.

She couldn't help it. There was a sale on the clothing shop the other day. She had to go. But unfortunately, she ended up buying too much.

"What am I supposed to do now? My rent's due tomorrow. And if the landlady found out about this..." She shivered at the thought.

Lucy looked at the wall clock. 10:00 a.m. Then, an idea popped in her head. Maybe she can do a mission that has a reward enough to pay her rent. She quickly grabbed her keys, fixed her hair up, and started heading towards the guild.

~ At the Fairy Tail Guild ~

"Oh! Good morning Lucy!" Mirajane greeted. "You're early."

The blond mage smiled. "Haha. Well you see Mira, I'm kind of--"

Mirajane raised her hand, as if she knew what Lucy was going to say. She started scanning her clipboard, and brought out a paper, handing it to the young mage.

"This mission just came out last night. All you have to do is retrieve some magic herbs that could only be found in a cave outside of town. If you want--"

Lucy immediately grabbed the flyer and thanked the white-haired mage, before quickly dashing off.

"Lucy! Be careful!" she warned.

What they didn't knew, is that there was a warning on the downmost part of the page that says,

'Be warned. The cave is surrounded by a magic gas that could suck up your powers if not careful'

~ About 5 hours later ~

Natsu started walking around the guild. He seemed to be somewhat looking for a certain mage.

"Hey Mira! Have you seen Lucy?" Natsu said outloud.

"She went on a mission early this morning," Mirajane replied while cleaning up the counter.

"Awww. But why didn't she invite me?" Natsu said. Mira went up to him and handed over the flyer. Natsu observed it carefully, before something caught his eye.

"Wait a minute. Isn't this the cave that people were banned from going because of the deadly gas leakage?"

Mirajane's eyes suddenly widdened. "Oh dear! If that's the case... then Lucy must be--"

Before she could finish her sentence, Natsu quickly rushed out of the guild doors and headed out. He started sniffing the air, hoping to find even a small hint of his best friend's scent.

"Got it!" Natsu started heading south, to which the cave was located. Upon arriving, he was greeted by a familiar figure that was collapsed on the rocky floor, holding a golden key that glimmered inside the cave.

A Dragon Slayer is already immune to the magic poison, so Natsu had no problem in going inside the cavern. He gently picked up the unconsious Lucy and carried her, bridal-style.

They arrived at her apartment and gently laid her on the bed.

"Tch. Still a klutz, aren't we?" Natsu whispered. Before he could exit the vicinity, a cold hand gripped his arm.

"T-thanks N-natsu," Lucy quietly whispered before falling asleep.

The pink-haired mage let out a soft chuckle. "How does she know it was me?"

******

Sorry for the late update (and the short chapter) nakamas! School was in the way, so I had no choice. T_T

Anyway, this idea is suggested by another reader, so might as well dedicate this to her. Thanks for the 3000+ reads already you guys!~

So, until my next UD. *Stand. Bow. AYE!*