4 - Fantastic, I have a stalker Barbie after me.

"My phone died, cutting me off from you.
Si, the two of us were always one, at home we were invincible, weren't we?
Si, we'd longed to come to this town for a long time
For some reason, I remember the scenery, embracing the beautiful sky the day we left."
- Seishun Amigo (2005), Shuuji To Akira

~.:|:.~

Friends - that's the best it gets, doesn't it? We all know the saying - "Blood is thicker than water."  Well, if you didn't already know, back in the old days it meant that blood ties were thicker than the water of the womb.

You must have heard of it somewhere. Have you been living under a rock?

I wouldn't be surprised if you have.

Friends over family, you pansies. And if you don't agree, you need to get your priorities sorted, I'm afraid.

And it makes perfect sense, doesn't it? A choice you make, a friendship you form that requires effort and the correct decisions on both sides. It's how you play it, like a chess game, and whether or not you were even meant to be, like puzzles pieces.

I don't chalk everything up to coincidence, sweetheart.

Plus, it's not like you get to choose your family members.

See - Draco Malfoy. He was quite the asshole and quite the coward, but it's not like you could or even would ever blame him. His father was a Death Eater and his aunt was absolutely insane. He was pressured into doing what he did.

For the record, I don't like Draco Malfoy. He was still a prick.

So what can you say?

What's Fate? I have to admit feeling goddamn awful for Little Miss Fate here, since everyone seems to being blaming their own petty little failures and disappointments on her. Or him. Or them.

Tut. Useless asses.

Oh please, be realistic. You throw your hands up and go "That's Fate!" and brush things off. You really think it's that easy. There are consequences. It's not the best thing to think about, but all of you out there are letting go of your responsibilities and not realising your problems are going to come back and bite you on your sorry, sorry arse.

Nothing is a coincidence.

Which is why Little Miss Eleanor is going to face the bloody consequences for doing something utterly disastrous, inconceivable, disgusting and just plain rude.

The nerve of her.

~.:|:.~

"What? Are you calling me petty? How dare you."

My best friend smiles and his face cracks and splits as the video becomes pixelated. "You know well enough how to deal."

What? Did you think that I didn't have my own friends? If Eleanor Charron can go darn frolicking with her lovely little Barbie dolls, I'm sure I can have my own handful of hand-picked best friends, thank you very much.

"And Deidre? You're smiling.  It's scaring me," James puts on his face of mock horror, often reserved for midnight ghost stories that he never happens to be scared of.

I'm more scared of what's real, he once said.

Oh sure, I'm smiling. Smiling bitterly and with pure evil intent, ready to kill.