Nova's journal 2

August 1, 1868

Its been awhile since my last entry, a few days after my last entry I learned more about Thomas then I expected but yet at the same time I felt at the tip of my tongue he was holding back things he wanted to say. Much of what I learned consisted of his childhood, he explained to me the way he lived with his abusive rich parents who cared little to none about him, he had constant beatings every day and night while his siblings only watched, terrified and petrified of what might happen if they stepped in to help their older brother. He described to me the way he felt when he snapped one night and viciously attacked his parents while they almost beated him to death. I looked at him with sympathy and sadness when he told me that, I put my hands onto his shoulders and so on trying to comfort him, I could tell all he said hurt him mentally. When I pulled down his hood to see him better I saw tears flow down his eyes to his cheeks and instantly hugged him as tightly as I could and whispered into his ear "it'll be ok I promise..." I felt his warm and sweaty hands hold onto to me tightly as he continued to silently cry onto my shoulder.

After learning all that I did this afternoon I told myself that I wouldn't leave Thomas's side for as long as I live. Thomas needed someone there for him and I decided id be the one to stay and never question him regardless of what he does, he has earned my trust and loyalty after the past couple of days.

If I recall correctly after 20 mins of us having our moment he fell asleep holding onto me and heard him snore once or twice, I giggled hearing him snore only to realize that I enjoyed him in my arms

I shook Thomas lightly not wanting to wake him up to roughly, I whispers to myself "come on Thomas I need you to wake up...I'm starting to get abit tired" moments after I looked up realizing it was almost night as the sun was half way to the horizon and the lake's water glistened in the sun's presence as it slowly went down I remember hearing a faint howl which meant wolves were near by. I shook Thomas abit harder and used my normal voice "Thomas wake up! I hear wolves in the distance" Thomas immediately shot up and grabbed my hands quickly sprinting away to the home with me behind him.

I must take my leave.

My hands hurt from today's training witch was as rigorous as ever I leave my farewell till tomorrow

-nova