Unfamiliar territory

The streets of France were nothing like i remembered two years ago, me and Thomas came to France once because of a contract, the contract required me to kill Templars and capture their headquarters, I did so successfully but it didn't feel the same without him, I missed him ever so much.

I walked through the streets of bustling France, the air smelled of raw sewage, the people on the streets wore nothing but rags as clothing, there faces were dirty beyond belief, and their hair was nothing but a mess. Many of the people looked at me as I passed by them, unaware of who I was and what my intentions were. I was in unfamiliar territory, I felt like a stranger to everything, I felt like a lost child unsure of what to do, I was a ghost among the poor, they were afraid of me which meant France had a lot of invaders.

Upon walking slowly I heard rustling and pushing from behind me, I thought nothing of it at first, the noise quieted and soon everything was dead silent, unaware of what was gonna happened I saw the figure of a man come towards me with a dagger, I instantly got into a fighting stance ready to counter attack until the man with the dagger was jumped on by the roof. I looked at the man who jumped the one with a dagger. My eyes were filled with curiosity and amazement at what the unknown man did, by what I could see he looked about my age (22) , he was very well built, somewhat of dark skin, he had a tiny scar on the side of his lip, he stood up slowly and turned to look at me with his dark brown eyes which showed some sort of emotion that I know all to well.."love" . I spoke up and told him with a relieved voice "thank you...umm what's your name exactly?"
The man looked at me with a kind but yet stern face, he looked me in the eyes and I could feel my face start to heat up abit. His stare sent me into a bit of a trans.

"Jacob...Jacob stern"